Everything posted by Alison
-
When did you realize that office connections aren’t genuine friendships?
I got sick and went from a 20 year friend to just an employee and then to unemployed.
-
Which AI tools are currently most reliable for creating highly realistic images?
I want to create very realistic images, but the tools I’ve tried aren’t good enough. I’m okay with both free and paid options..any recommendations?
-
Which free or affordable prompt engineering courses would you recommend for learning properly?
You likely don’t need a prompt engineering course to start instead, use TTL to guide you step by step from zero coding knowledge.
-
Beginning an online business in 2026
Web development
-
How do you manage to keep a healthy balance between your work responsibilities and personal life without feeling overwhelmed?
@Rena is right. Try batch meetings it save time and energy too.
-
Didn’t get the hype around Gemini… until I tried it today
Funny thing is, the last couple of weeks my experience with Gemini has not been great at all. Either it doesn’t respond properly, gives random answers, or struggles with links. Even image upload, recognition, and generation kept failing for me
-
How do you stay updated with AI news when everything changes so quickly?
If you step away for six months and come back, it honestly feels like nothing has really changed that much.
-
What are some ways you have promoted your podcasts that actually worked?
I’m curious about things like email marketing, Google ads, tagging, and collaborations. If you have any solid podcast growth strategies or useful resources for learning more, I would really appreciate it.
-
Vibecoding a professional website: smart shortcut or risky approach?
For a simple info site, vibecoding is totally fine. Issues usually start when you try to scale it later.
-
Reliable freelancing platforms for AI and automation work
From my experience Fiverr is easier to start on but Upwork brings higher quality clients in AI and automation. If you are doing RPA or custom workflows, Upwork usually gives better long term opportunities.
-
Useful AI workflows people actually use in real work, not the usual hype you see online.
A lot of what you see online is overhyped. In reality most useful AI workflows are pretty simple they just help you save time and stay organised. What you are already doing is actually solid you do not need anything fancy just build on it step by step.
-
Anyone here created something unique with AI? What was it?
I’m curious if anyone here has actually used AI to build something that you genuinely can’t find in any repo or anywhere else online like a completely original idea or small innovation.
-
If you had to recommend one AI video generator for long videos, which would it be?
I'd recommend checking out InVideo AI as well.
-
I’m curious...what AI tools are best suited for different tasks?
Have you ever tried Le Chat from Mistral AI?
-
Are others here using AI to handle day-to-day small business tasks?
You can add social media post writing to your list of uses.
-
What AI tools are you actually using these days for content creation?
I use ChatGPT for ideas and script writing, CapCut for quick editing and auto captions, and Canva’s AI tools for thumbnails and graphics. They don’t replace creativity, but they definitely make the whole process faster and easier.
-
How do you balance using AI tools with your own real-world judgment in business?
For me, the real risk isn’t AI itself it’s people starting to trust it blindly and switching off their own thinking as soon as a tool gives an answer. The problem isn’t the tech, it’s when judgment gets replaced instead of supported.
-
How are freelance developers and engineers actually dealing with the rise of AI right now? Are they using it to work faster and stay ahead, or is it changing the kind of projects they get and how they earn? curious how people in the field adapting.
Full-stack dev here with 6 years experience, laid off almost a year ago. I’ve been trying to move into freelancing but fear, perfectionism, and overthinking keep holding me back. With AI tools and “vibe coders” already getting freelance work, I’m starting to worry where experienced developers fit in, especially when clients can now build basic apps cheaply themselves. It’s been messing with my confidence does this still feel like a real path forward for others?
-
Interesting question. Most people talk about what AI gets right, but the real insights often come from the things that still slow us down. Curious to see what challenges other business owners are experiencing.
That's definitely one of the biggest frustrations. You give it context at the start, but after a while you find yourself repeating the same information just to keep it on track.
-
Which AI tool has actually helped you get more done? I’ve tried a few, but still looking for one that really makes a difference day to day.
So many AI tools feel exciting at first but end up getting ignored over time. I’m curious what’s one tool that actually made your workflow smoother or saved you real time in practice? Always on the lookout for things that truly work beyond the hype. I recently tried a design automation tool called Looka AI, someone mentioned it in the comments, and it actually worked pretty well for quick branding ideas.
-
Hey, I’m Alison — just joined the forum.
I’ve been experimenting with AI in my own workflows, mostly in marketing, content ideas, and small automations to save time. Some things have worked really well, others not so much, so I’m here to see how people are actually using it in real work, not just theory. Looking forward to learning and also sharing whatever I figure out along the way.
-
For those using AI in their business, what marketing tasks has it genuinely helped with, and where has it fallen short?
Honestly, same experience here. AI is crazy good for speeding things up and testing ideas, but when it comes to real strategy and understanding people, it still feels a bit off. The best results I’ve seen is using it as a helper, not a decision maker.
-
What AI might be capable of in the future, beyond what we see today
It’s crazy how fast AI is changing things. What feels impossible today might just be normal way sooner than we expect