Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sales tactics that work?

Featured Replies

I don't want to flat out say it is manipulation but a lot of marketing and sales tactics are when you strip away the paint...

I am just trying to see what has been proven to work. There have been decades of ads and general advertisements being run and people understand how to better pitch and sell a product to a possible customer. So when it comes to this stuff, which tactics tend to work the best in this modern era?

Online, everyone talks about data-driven insights. This is how a lot of big box stores and online market spaces like Amazon are able to better vet people for advertisements to get them to click and buy. I think you need money to invest into this kind of work but you could just sign up with Google and have them run ads for your company.

The best sale is one you can convince someone of having the idea for. So in other words, allowing someone to think "yeah, I need that" rather than trying to convince them to buy something.

On 9/20/2026 at 11:24 AM, donnie said:

The best sale is one you can convince someone of having the idea for. So in other words, allowing someone to think "yeah, I need that" rather than trying to convince them to buy something.

This is a good strat but it doesn't work for every product or service. If it can, it is for sure worth exploring.

Another one that comes to mind is always running sales. It gives the illusion of getting a deal.

Someone I spoke with at a conference back in 2019 mentioned that the best sales methods have not changed in decades because we already learned what gets people to spend money. It is just a matter of encouraging the ones that don't spend as carelessly to spend more.

On 9/20/2026 at 11:24 AM, donnie said:

The best sale is one you can convince someone of having the idea for.

I have heard similar. When you convince someone it was a thing they wanted, thought of, or planned for they are more likely to spend money. I have seen this in action a few times.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.