July 23Jul 23 #2181 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 I am looking for a way to earn more but traffic and sales have been steady and not improving in a number of months. I was considering running ads on my site/store page but I don't know if this is a good idea. I have heard of people saying doing this killing their online business when it was still in the growing phase. I am a bit torn on what I should do here. Hoping someone can give me some good advice so I don't mess this up.
July 24Jul 24 #2188 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2188 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 It can go either way. Sometimes it can hurt the site, sometimes it won't make any difference. I think it really depends on what kind of ads you use. I wouldn't flood your site with a bunch of them. Maybe test having one per page first and see how it does. You can also do embedded link ads which are less annoying for people.
July 29Jul 29 #2241 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2241 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 Do the minimal and see what happens. You can always run more ads but you don't want to run so many at the start that it hinders people from visiting your site. I have seen people introduce them and lose a lot of traffic over it.
August 2Aug 2 Author #2273 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2273 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 7/24/2026 at 8:45 AM, ChrisWP said:You can also do embedded link ads which are less annoying for people.I did not think of this. I might start with this kind of ad since you don't really have to see it unless you hover it. I will report back, I have to see what options I have.Thanks for the input guys!
August 3Aug 3 #2284 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2284 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 What ad platform are you planning on using? You never mentioned. You have a number of options, some require traffic minimums but some are for sure better than others. Not just for money and clicks but placement and being a good fit for your site.
August 7Aug 7 #2319 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2319 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 On 8/3/2026 at 9:36 AM, jonasb23 said:What ad platform are you planning on using? You never mentioned. You have a number of options, some require traffic minimums but some are for sure better than others. Not just for money and clicks but placement and being a good fit for your site.I was going to ask the same thing.I found that some are better than others. Some can actually hurt traffic too so it is important to know the kinds of ads and placement that will be involved. Some allow you to choose, others will put the ads where it thinks are best.
August 14Aug 14 #2382 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2382 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 I think you should try and see what happens. If you can end up bringing in extra income from it, why not? I feel like a lot of websites use them in the early stages until they are more established and don't have to rely on them for earnings.
August 19Aug 19 Author #2420 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2420 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 8/3/2026 at 9:36 AM, jonasb23 said:What ad platform are you planning on using? You never mentioned.I am looking into a few different ones. I mean Google is the main one since I am already approved with them but I am waiting to see if I can get approved by a few others just to see what my options are.
August 21Aug 21 #2438 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2438 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 On 8/19/2026 at 10:08 AM, dougchimes said:I am looking into a few different ones. I mean Google is the main one since I am already approved with them but I am waiting to see if I can get approved by a few others just to see what my options are.Google is a good one but you have to consider that they are one of the lower paying ones now, same as Amazon. However, they are more consistent so you won't see the fluctuations you'd get with other platforms when the holiday season is over.
September 7Sep 7 Author #2577 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2577 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 8/21/2026 at 11:31 AM, jonasb23 said:Google is a good one but you have to consider that they are one of the lower paying ones now, same as Amazon. However, they are more consistent so you won't see the fluctuations you'd get with other platforms when the holiday season is over.I figured Google paid the most seeing as they had the most to spend. I even did a quick search and the first thing that it shows is AdSense.I am not sure where you got your information from.
September 8Sep 8 #2587 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2587 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 22 hours ago, dougchimes said:I figured Google paid the most seeing as they had the most to spend. I even did a quick search and the first thing that it shows is AdSense.I am not sure where you got your information from.You know what... You are correct. The thing I was referencing appears to be old data from prior to 2020 and was sighting issues like the "Adpocalypse" which impacted YouTube. It does seem like people can earn more with other platforms but it is very selective and niche.
September 24Sep 24 Author #2744 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2744 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 9/8/2026 at 8:44 AM, jonasb23 said:You know what... You are correct. The thing I was referencing appears to be old data from prior to 2020 and was sighting issues like the "Adpocalypse" which impacted YouTube. It does seem like people can earn more with other platforms but it is very selective and niche.Right. Yeah I thought that seemed off and odd. I mean Google is worth so much money and can afford to pay the most out right.I think you can earn more elsewhere though too like you said but it really depends on what you are doing.
Friday at 12:56 PM5 days #2747 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/316-should-i-run-ads-on-my-store/#findComment-2747 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 Google is massive and isn't even the main company. Alphabet Inc. is the main one that controls Google and other businesses. They have more money than people could even imagine.
Create an account or sign in to comment