Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

amberb94

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    6
  • Replies

    54

Everything posted by amberb94

  1. YES. No matter what people say or have said online, you do not want to do this for a URL. It isn't just about looking odd or bad, it causes issues with people mistyping and isn't good for SEO purposes. Like Dave mentioned, use a dash instead if you have to.
  2. I didn't see anyone recommend any so I pulled up a list for you. These are all free as well. Sucuri Security: Offers malware scanning, file integrity monitoring, and easy-to-apply security hardening features like hiding the WordPress version and securing the uploads folder. WT Hardening: A lightweight, modular plugin that applies hardening measures (such as hiding the WP version, limiting logins, and disabling file editing) without modifying theme or config files. SiteLock Security: Provides ready-to-apply WordPress-specific hardening toggles, login hygiene enforcement, and off-server cloud checks via a free account. SolidWP Security (formerly iThemes Security): Includes features like forcing strong passwords, hiding the login URL, and disabling XML-RPC to harden the site against intrusion. WP Hardening was the main one but was discontinued and no longer supported since 2024.
  3. Someone in my family did lead work for years via telemarketing. She worked from home and would call companies for a business in order to get contracts. This is the only form of it I am aware of or have knowledge on.
  4. I know someone that works in the dental field and there are some advancements there. Apparently AI is going to help in this sector in the coming years with new advancements.
  5. I think you guys are overlooking the big players. Amazon, Netflix, eBay, Spotify, and Etsy are all examples of the long tail model. Each company profits via low-volume of products but selling a lot of them.
  6. I don't know. I think manual linking is still valuable if you know what you are doing but running ads is great for small businesses. Not everyone sells products though so running ads for a site that doesn't actually sell anything seems like a waste.
  7. Personally, not that I have noticed but I am sure it has somewhere. I think it impacts everything after sometime. Everything is double what it was just 5 years ago. The prices started going up in 2021.
  8. I am seeing Christmas stuff already, it is not even October yet! I feel like some companies push too hard too fast. As for sales and marketing, I don't think Christmas stuff should start until a week or so before Thanksgiving. For sure not earlier than November. I think 6 weeks prior to the holiday is a good measurement of time.
  9. I have only done this at an office store that does printing and copying. I have not gotten any made online. Of the ones people have mentioned, Zazzle and Vistaprint are the two I have heard of and have known people to have used them. I just don't know the costs or anything.
  10. I only do the standard stock investments for retirement. My husband does this as well, has a 401K through his company. I am not informed enough to be trading on my own! haha
  11. I don't but I probably should. I have messed up my finances a few times because I had forgotten to pay a bill or two. If I have it set for auto-withdrawal, I wouldn't have to worry about it but I would need a separate account for something like that just to be safe.
  12. This is true too. I know sales do usually lead to more sales but I have heard of many people saying even with sales, they don't see any increase. If you want to get an idea of deals and what to offer , just look at the emails you get from companies and what sorts of sales they offer.
  13. Now my question is... Can you make an app without paying? It seems like the big LLMs all require a monthly membership to actually make really cool stuff with them. I would be interested in trying to make stuff with AI just for fun.
  14. The good news about this though is that we won't have to deal with talking to people in other countries that we can't even understand! lol I can't tell you how many times that happened to me and I get so frustrated.
  15. AI is a bit different from other things and panics of the past. We never had a system that could remove THIS many jobs. I mean I am even worried. I know a number of people that are. I just don't know where everything is heading which makes me more nervous. My husband works in the tech industry too and I worry about him being replaced.
  16. If you are on X, you may as well ask Grok. That AI system is built into the platform. I am not sure if other platforms have them built in, not in the same way anyways. It also seems like social accounts are down across the board.
  17. Thanks for all the replies. I meant to come back to the thread sooner. So I ended up not getting that domain. Someone else actually bought it before I could but I had already decided against it mostly because of the price jump. I don't want to get trapped spending a lot of money each year on one domain.
  18. Yes! I did set it up. No sales yet. I am looking into advertisement options. They offer them on the site but also, I might look into getting Facebook ads. A friend said they do decent.
  19. I have heard both companies have declined in quality in the last few years, really since covid. Makes me wonder if they are part of the larger trend of companies trying to save money by outsourcing labor to under-qualified people. I have seen a drop in quality in so many companies in the last 4 or 5 years it is insane. Not entirely a bad thing though, I am saving more money cause I am spending less lol
  20. I think it depends. If you don't see growth, shrinking your niche can have the same effect as making it larger. That is the trouble. Are you specifically talking about a website? Or social media accounts?
  21. Thanks for the feedback. I am going to be setting up an Etsy account later tonight. I am not sure but I will look into it. This seems to be more for stickers and stuff. Like a print shop, not so much a blueprint/plan place.
  22. I am not 100% familiar with the platform in terms of growth, trends, or earnings but I did ask AI about it. This might be useful for you? To generate revenue on X quickly, creators must first secure X Premium and build a base of 500+ followers and 5 million impressions within a 90-day window to qualify for Ad Revenue Share. Organic growth typically requires 12–18 months to hit these thresholds, so accelerating income often involves strategic engagement or professional growth services to compress this timeline to 60–90 days. Fast-Track Growth Strategies Strategic Engagement The most effective organic method is the "70/30 rule": spend 70% of your time posting thoughtful, high-value replies to larger accounts in your niche and only 30% on original content. Posting 3–5 times daily and engaging within the first 30 minutes of viral tweets maximizes algorithmic distribution and profile visits. Monetization Activation Once eligible, activate multiple revenue streams simultaneously to maximize income. Combine Ad Revenue Share (passive) with Subscriptions ($2.99–$9.99/month for exclusive content) and Affiliate Marketing. Creators can also earn quickly by productizing services or selling low-ticket digital products ($19–$49) to an engaged audience, which does not require the 5-million-impression threshold.
  23. Well of the ones that do, Wix, Hostinger, Squarespace, GoDaddy, and Shopify are considered to be at the top. So I would start looking into any of those. They all have AI features now and I am fairly certain these features are free to play with but not 100%.
  24. I have never heard of either if I am being completely honest here. I will say that I had a social media idea a number of years ago that was called "sprout" and it involved positive posting/sharing. So the system would reward people for being positive instead of negative like other platforms do. 😅
  25. It isn't impossible to just start now but you will want to have something to give away for free. So depending on your site, either put specific articles behind a sign-up wall or compile them as a small e-book.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.