Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do I grow an e-mailing list?

Featured Replies

I never actually put much time into this, I probably should have. It is something recommended a number of times online to boost traffic to blogs and other websites. I am just not sure where to begin with this. I have had email updates in the past but because they were seldom clicked on, I did away with it and never looked into other options but now I think I should. Where do I start with doing something like this?

You have to have some sort of incentive to encourage people to give you their e-mail. So offering an e-book, for example, with information people would desire that can't be found on your website. You can offer it for free or paid but free is always best as it rewards trust. You can also do guides and access to private videos over on YouTube if that is your thing.

This is absolutely something you should have done while you still had growing traffic. It is going to be harder coming at it from a loss now.

I would recommend finding a way to offer something behind a subscriber wall. One where an email has to be provided. Maybe put some of your best content behind a sub wall like a lot of the bigger platforms do.

On 8/7/2026 at 10:01 AM, amberb94 said:

This is absolutely something you should have done while you still had growing traffic.

I hate to say it bit she is correct. You have made it way more difficult on yourself doing it the other way around. Having an e-mailing list is meant to be a safety net of sorts to retain customers and/or traffic to your website.

There are places to buy e-mails online but I am not sure how legit it is or not. You are basically paying to gain access to e-mails that may or may not still be being used.

I never tried it and it sort of skirts the line of acceptable and unacceptable practices IMO.

I thought this might be the case, that I missed my window. I don't know why I skipped this either. It is one of the main recommendations when you first start building a website. I'll have to figure something out now.

On 8/18/2026 at 9:57 AM, JoanZims said:

I thought this might be the case, that I missed my window. I don't know why I skipped this either. It is one of the main recommendations when you first start building a website. I'll have to figure something out now.

It isn't impossible to just start now but you will want to have something to give away for free. So depending on your site, either put specific articles behind a sign-up wall or compile them as a small e-book.

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2026 at 9:14 AM, amberb94 said:

It isn't impossible to just start now but you will want to have something to give away for free. So depending on your site, either put specific articles behind a sign-up wall or compile them as a small e-book.

I will think on this and try to come up with something, see if it makes a difference. Thank you! I just wish I had done this all from the start!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.