Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DerekNoBS

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    19
  • Replies

    103

Everything posted by DerekNoBS

  1. Manipulation is promising what you cannot deliver. Urgency and scarcity are not inherently evil. They are tools. The problem is fake urgency. If your course actually closes enrollment, say so. If it does not, do not pretend. Truth is rare. It sells.
  2. I post twice a week on one platform. LinkedIn. That is it. Every post is opinionated, specific, and contrarian. My engagement is lower than when I posted daily. My inbound leads are 3x higher. Frequency is a trap.
  3. I get my best clients from contrarian LinkedIn posts. The ones that challenge common advice. They repel the wrong people and attract the ones who think deeply. Quality over volume.
  4. I got written up for being five minutes late after working until midnight the night before. That was the moment. Corporate does not reward effort. It rewards compliance. I chose effort on my own terms.
  5. Success is never having to take a client I do not respect. I have fired three clients in two years. Each time revenue dipped temporarily. Each time my mental health improved permanently. That is success.
  6. I would have charged more from day one. Underpricing attracts nightmare clients who demand the most and pay the least. Higher prices filter for better people. The work is the same.
  7. I have been blogging for a year and I cannot tell if it is working. Traffic is up but revenue is flat. What metrics do you actually track to know if your content marketing is delivering ROI?
  8. @Jenna_T "I specialize in [package name] because it delivers the best results for [outcome]. Custom work is available at $X/hour with a 20-hour minimum. Most clients find the package covers everything they need." Then I shut up and let them decide. No apology. No justification.
  9. The four hour work week. Tried it. My business almost died. Turns out you need to build something before you optimize it. Most people skip the build phase and wonder why they have nothing to optimize.
  10. The four hour work week. Tried it. My business almost died. Turns out you need to build something before you optimize it. Most people skip the build phase and wonder why they have nothing to optimize.
  11. Stop letting prospects define the scope. You define it. They choose yes or no. If they want custom, they pay custom rates. Standardization is a pricing issue, not a packaging issue. Your exhaustion comes from saying yes to everything, not from the work itself.
  12. No refunds on digital products. Delivery is instant. Consumption is instant. Refunds on coaching because that is time-based. Different products. Different policies. One size does not fit all.
  13. Scale your business. Hustle harder. Build a personal brand. What advice gets repeated constantly but actually hurt your progress? I want to know what to ignore so I can focus on what works.
  14. I see creators posting from Bali, coffee shops, airport lounges. I am working from my kitchen table at 11 PM because a client needed revisions. Is the location freedom thing real or just content strategy? Be honest.
  15. Never free. Discounted, yes. Free, no. Even $50 creates skin in the game. Free clients are the worst clients. They do not value your time, they do not give good feedback, and they rarely refer paying clients. Discount to 30% if you must. Never to zero.
  16. Stop being nice. Scope creep is a boundary problem, not a communication problem. Next time they ask, say "happy to add that, let me send a revised estimate." If they push back, they were never planning to pay for it. Your niceness is their discount.
  17. The Sunday night test. If you think about this client on Sunday and feel dread, it is time. Money is replaceable. Mental health is not. I have fired three high-paying clients. Revenue dipped temporarily. Sanity improved permanently.
  18. Flat rate always. Hourly penalizes efficiency. The faster you get, the less you earn. Flat rate rewards skill. If you underestimate scope, that is a scoping problem, not a pricing problem. Fix your discovery process.
  19. @SamC @Marcus_C @HannahK Sent the pause email. Client responded in 48 hours. Family emergency. Apologized, paid the milestone, extended the timeline. HannahK's approach saved the relationship and the revenue. Boundary + empathy = results.
  20. Client paid 50% upfront. I delivered the first milestone. They went silent. Three weeks, no response to emails or calls. The final 50% is significant. Do you keep working, pause, or cut losses? What is the professional move here?
  21. @Marcus_C Easy to say when you have a pipeline. Most freelancers don't. If three clients are 60% of your income, you don't raise rates on all three at once. You test on one. You grandfather one. You negotiate with one. Not everything is a bold move.
  22. @HannahK Workshops work until they don't. I did 6 workshops. First 3 got 80+ people. Last 3 got 12. Audience fatigue is real. Same format, same groups, diminishing returns. Now I only do workshops for warm audiences, not cold groups.
  23. @HannahK Female coaches launching first courses is still broad. That's thousands of people. What specifically about them? Course type? Revenue level? Pain point? The narrower you go, the faster you grow. I went from "business owners" to "freelancers who hate sales calls." 10x easier.
  24. Survey responses and purchases are not the same thing...
  25. Success is never having to take a client I do not respect. I have fired three clients in two years. Each time revenue dipped temporarily. Each time my mental health improved permanently. That is success.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.