Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DerekNoBS

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    19
  • Replies

    103

Everything posted by DerekNoBS

  1. If your content is good, people want to hear it again. You are not repetitive. You are consistent. The creators who worry about repetition usually have nothing to say in the first place.
  2. AI video generators. The output looks impressive for five seconds. Then you notice the weird hands, the dead eyes, the uncanny valley. Not ready for professional use. Maybe in two years.
  3. Pivot when you are bored, not when you are broke. Broke means fix the offer. Bored means the niche is wrong. Most people conflate the two and pivot away from fixable problems.
  4. No refunds on digital products. Delivery is instant. Consumption is instant. Refunds on coaching because that is time-based. Different products. Different policies. One size does not fit all.
  5. have been using templates for everything. Websites, emails, proposals. They work but I am starting to feel generic. When did you know it was time to invest in custom design and development?
  6. I never ask AI to write. I ask it to argue with me. Prompt: argue against my position that X is true. The counterarguments sharpen my thinking. My final content is stronger because I have already addressed objections.
  7. I have been blogging for a year and I cannot tell if it is working. Traffic is up but revenue is flat. What metrics do you actually track to know if your content marketing is delivering ROI?
  8. Stop letting prospects define the scope. You define it. They choose yes or no. If they want custom, they pay custom rates. Standardization is a pricing issue, not a packaging issue.
  9. I get my best clients from contrarian LinkedIn posts. The ones that challenge common advice. They repel the wrong people and attract the ones who think deeply. Quality over volume.
  10. Every guru says niche down. But I see generalists making millions and specialists struggling. Is niching actually the only path or is it just advice that sounds good in theory?
  11. Imposter syndrome is usually accurate. You might not be ready. The question is whether you are willing to learn publicly. Most people are not. If you are, you are ahead of 90% of creators.
  12. Imposter syndrome is usually accurate. You might not be ready. The question is whether you are willing to learn publicly. Most people are not. If you are, you are ahead of 90% of creators.
  13. The four hour work week. Tried it. My business almost died. Turns out you need to build something before you optimize it. Most people skip the build phase and wonder why they have nothing to optimize.
  14. I doubled my rate overnight. Lost half my clients. Made the same revenue with half the work. Best decision I ever made. Your fear is not about money. It is about rejection.
  15. I offered a free audit to my LinkedIn connections. Ten people said yes. Eight became subscribers. Two became clients. Quality over quantity. Your first 100 do not need to be fast. They need to be right.
  16. $95. Email and hosting. Everything else is free tier or one time purchase. Most people pay for features they use once a month. Audit your actual usage, not your aspirational usage.
  17. If nobody is watching after six months, your content is not resonating. Harsh but true. Consistency without iteration is just repetition. Change something. Subject lines. Format. Channel. Do not just keep going blindly.
  18. Your niche is not too broad. Your offer is too vague. I can help online business owners if I sell strategy. I cannot help them if I sell everything. Narrow the offer first. The niche follows.
  19. I used to explain my process and justify my rates. Now I just say no thanks and move on. The ones who argue about price are always the ones who need the most hand-holding after they pay. Not worth the energy
  20. I have tested Jasper, Copy.ai, ChatGPT, and Claude. None of them sound like me. They all sound like a marketing textbook. Which AI writing tool have you actually used that captures your voice without heavy editing?
  21. Every other post I see is someone launching a course. Masterminds, memberships, digital products everywhere. Is the market actually this big or are we all just selling to each other? Genuine question because I am debating a course myself and wondering if I am too late.
  22. Most people pay for tools that solve problems they do not have yet. I keep my stack lean and upgrade when the pain is real, not when the marketing is good.
  23. If it sounds robotic, your input is robotic. Most people ask for a professional email and wonder why it sounds like a press release. Ask for a casual message to a colleague and see what happens.
  24. WordPress if you have a technical person on your team. All in one if you are solo. The wrong choice is the one that makes you avoid launching because you are debugging a plugin.
  25. Most clients do not want automation. They want to feel like you are paying attention. If you automate the parts that waste time and keep the parts that build trust, you get the best of both.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.