September 8Sep 8 #2586 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 AI is improving every day and we are seeing it being used more and more. With the release of Tesla's self-driving taxis along side the already established Waymo (Google) ones, I can see businesses like Uber being pushed out of the market. Fast food chains are already replacing people with AI ordering systems and some have branched out into making fully AI systems for making the food too. I have my concerns because I work in a sector that has already laid off some people do to AI being able to do their work faster, better, and obviously cheaper for the company. As things advance, what other jobs could we see being replaced with AI systems?
September 10Sep 10 #2608 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/#findComment-2608 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 A lot of clerical and admin work will be gone. So things like data entry, payroll, etc. For customer service, there will be a big decline there too. Call center agents, telemarketing, all of this can already be handled by AI systems.Coding and photo editing jobs will be wiped out.
September 12Sep 12 #2630 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/#findComment-2630 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 On 9/10/2026 at 10:25 AM, justdave said:Call center agents, telemarketing, all of this can already be handled by AI systems.The good news about this though is that we won't have to deal with talking to people in other countries that we can't even understand! lolI can't tell you how many times that happened to me and I get so frustrated.
September 14Sep 14 #2648 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/#findComment-2648 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 Someone I know that works with AI, or at least closer to it than most, said that he believes the job loss won't be as bad as people think. Like there is going to be job loss as it happens with all innovation but it also brings more jobs. So I am not too worried about.
September 19Sep 19 #2698 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/#findComment-2698 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 I think Software Development is going to take a big hit. Particularly the people that are entry level and junior. More advanced coders should be fine but I am guessing it is going to be a lot harder to get a job in the coming years fresh out of college.
September 22Sep 22 #2727 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/#findComment-2727 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 On 9/14/2026 at 8:57 AM, simonsays said:Someone I know that works with AI, or at least closer to it than most, said that he believes the job loss won't be as bad as people think. Like there is going to be job loss as it happens with all innovation but it also brings more jobs. So I am not too worried about.It will bring more jobs but not the kind of jobs it replaces. Think about your average person. They won't know how to fix, code, or repair AI systems let alone manage one. Those are the jobs it will create. That along with basic data center work.
Sunday at 03:43 PM2 days #2765 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/355-as-ai-advances-what-jobs-will-be-lost/#findComment-2765 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 On 9/12/2026 at 11:51 AM, amberb94 said:The good news about this though is that we won't have to deal with talking to people in other countries that we can't even understand! lolI can't tell you how many times that happened to me and I get so frustrated.Yes, it is annoying. It is even worse when they struggle to understand our accents as well. I miss the old days where you'd call a corporation and speak to someone that has clear English. I hate to sound like I am being hateful but I struggle with language and accent barriers. Especially due to my hearing disability.
Create an account or sign in to comment