June 12Jun 12 #124 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 12 Who else feel spending more time managing their tools than using them?I have tried Trello, Notion, Asana and ClickUp switched between them almost six times. I thought the next one would fix everything but turns out the tool wasn't the problem. I just kept jumping around instead of sticking with something.Right now I'm on a minimalist kick, Google Docs and a simple to-do list. Trying to see how long I can last before the next shiny tool catches my eye.What's your current setup, one or two essentials or the full stack?
June 22Jun 22 #937 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/#findComment-937 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 I tried using different software, tools, etc. and I end up just over-complicating things for myself to the point where it drags my productivity WAY down. I just stick with using a few things at a time depending on what I am working on and it just works better for me. I still use a physical notebook for brainstorming and taking notes too.
June 23Jun 23 #1038 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/#findComment-1038 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... Spent $200/month on tools I didn't use. Audit your subscriptions. That money is better in your pocket.
July 23Jul 23 #2178 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/#findComment-2178 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 6/22/2026 at 10:21 AM, TJW1984 said:I tried using different software, tools, etc. and I end up just over-complicating things for myself to the point where it drags my productivity WAY down. I just stick with using a few things at a time depending on what I am working on and it just works better for me. I still use a physical notebook for brainstorming and taking notes too.This was a concern for me but I am only using one at the moment and it has been a huge help. Now I am looking at other options but I want to make sure I don't take the time I would spend marketing and put it into managing tools for marketing lol
September 3Sep 3 #2551 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/#findComment-2551 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 There is so much out there now in terms of AI, software, tools, plugins, etc. that it has become a nightmare for me to find anything really useful. I just ended using too many tools myself.
September 9Sep 9 #2599 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/#findComment-2599 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 On 9/3/2026 at 8:27 AM, donnie said:There is so much out there now in terms of AI, software, tools, plugins, etc. that it has become a nightmare for me to find anything really useful. I just ended using too many tools myself.A lot of people have this happen. You have to narrow things down to software and tools that offer more things at once instead of getting a bunch of them that do one thing.
September 20Sep 20 #2704 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/45-too-many-tools-not-enough-actual-work/#findComment-2704 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 On 9/9/2026 at 9:25 AM, BlueDrag0n said:A lot of people have this happen. You have to narrow things down to software and tools that offer more things at once instead of getting a bunch of them that do one thing.Easier said than done though lolThe ones that tend to be a catch-all tool are extremely expensive. Like way too pricey for me to even want to try.
Create an account or sign in to comment