Everything posted by DerekNoBS
-
How do you repurpose content without sounding repetitive
If your content is good, people want to hear it again. You are not repetitive. You are consistent. The creators who worry about repetition usually have nothing to say in the first place.
-
What is the most overrated AI tool right now
AI video generators. The output looks impressive for five seconds. Then you notice the weird hands, the dead eyes, the uncanny valley. Not ready for professional use. Maybe in two years.
-
How do you pivot when your niche is not working
Pivot when you are bored, not when you are broke. Broke means fix the offer. Bored means the niche is wrong. Most people conflate the two and pivot away from fixable problems.
-
What is your refund policy and has it ever backfired
No refunds on digital products. Delivery is instant. Consumption is instant. Refunds on coaching because that is time-based. Different products. Different policies. One size does not fit all.
-
When is it time to switch from templates to custom builds
have been using templates for everything. Websites, emails, proposals. They work but I am starting to feel generic. When did you know it was time to invest in custom design and development?
-
What is your AI prompt process for content creation
I never ask AI to write. I ask it to argue with me. Prompt: argue against my position that X is true. The counterarguments sharpen my thinking. My final content is stronger because I have already addressed objections.
-
How do you measure if your content marketing is working
I have been blogging for a year and I cannot tell if it is working. Traffic is up but revenue is flat. What metrics do you actually track to know if your content marketing is delivering ROI?
-
How do you package a service when every client wants custom
Stop letting prospects define the scope. You define it. They choose yes or no. If they want custom, they pay custom rates. Standardization is a pricing issue, not a packaging issue.
-
What content format gets you the most qualified leads
I get my best clients from contrarian LinkedIn posts. The ones that challenge common advice. They repel the wrong people and attract the ones who think deeply. Quality over volume.
-
Is niching down actually necessary or overrated
Every guru says niche down. But I see generalists making millions and specialists struggling. Is niching actually the only path or is it just advice that sounds good in theory?
-
How do you handle imposter syndrome before a launch
Imposter syndrome is usually accurate. You might not be ready. The question is whether you are willing to learn publicly. Most people are not. If you are, you are ahead of 90% of creators.
-
What is the biggest myth about online business
Imposter syndrome is usually accurate. You might not be ready. The question is whether you are willing to learn publicly. Most people are not. If you are, you are ahead of 90% of creators.
-
What is the biggest myth about online business
The four hour work week. Tried it. My business almost died. Turns out you need to build something before you optimize it. Most people skip the build phase and wonder why they have nothing to optimize.
-
When did you raise your prices and how did clients react
I doubled my rate overnight. Lost half my clients. Made the same revenue with half the work. Best decision I ever made. Your fear is not about money. It is about rejection.
-
How do you get your first 100 email subscribers
I offered a free audit to my LinkedIn connections. Ten people said yes. Eight became subscribers. Two became clients. Quality over quantity. Your first 100 do not need to be fast. They need to be right.
-
What is your actual tech stack cost per month
$95. Email and hosting. Everything else is free tier or one time purchase. Most people pay for features they use once a month. Audit your actual usage, not your aspirational usage.
-
How do you stay consistent when nobody is watching
If nobody is watching after six months, your content is not resonating. Harsh but true. Consistency without iteration is just repetition. Change something. Subject lines. Format. Channel. Do not just keep going blindly.
-
When did you know your niche was too broad
Your niche is not too broad. Your offer is too vague. I can help online business owners if I sell strategy. I cannot help them if I sell everything. Narrow the offer first. The niche follows.
-
How do you handle clients who want everything for $500
I used to explain my process and justify my rates. Now I just say no thanks and move on. The ones who argue about price are always the ones who need the most hand-holding after they pay. Not worth the energy
-
Which AI writing tool actually sounds like you
I have tested Jasper, Copy.ai, ChatGPT, and Claude. None of them sound like me. They all sound like a marketing textbook. Which AI writing tool have you actually used that captures your voice without heavy editing?
-
Is it just me or is everyone launching a course these days
Every other post I see is someone launching a course. Masterminds, memberships, digital products everywhere. Is the market actually this big or are we all just selling to each other? Genuine question because I am debating a course myself and wondering if I am too late.
-
What tools do you actually pay for every month to run your business
Most people pay for tools that solve problems they do not have yet. I keep my stack lean and upgrade when the pain is real, not when the marketing is good.
-
How do you stop ChatGPT emails from sounding robotic
If it sounds robotic, your input is robotic. Most people ask for a professional email and wonder why it sounds like a press release. Ask for a casual message to a colleague and see what happens.
-
WordPress plus LMS or just use an all-in-one course platform
WordPress if you have a technical person on your team. All in one if you are solo. The wrong choice is the one that makes you avoid launching because you are debugging a plugin.
-
Has anyone actually automated client onboarding with AI
Most clients do not want automation. They want to feel like you are paying attention. If you automate the parts that waste time and keep the parts that build trust, you get the best of both.