Everything posted by SamC
-
Should you create a product or service first
@Marcus Chen That is the exact path I took. Product failed. Service worked. Productized the service. Now the product sells itself because it was born from real client work.
-
How do you find a niche when you are good at many things
@DerekNoBS I tried that. The thing I love pays $30/hour. The thing I tolerate pays $150/hour. Loving the work does not pay rent. I chose the $150 skill and do the fun thing on weekends.
-
Is it better to be a generalist or specialist in a recession
@Marcus Chen That is the sweet spot. I am a web designer who also writes copy and understands SEO. Not three generalists. One specialist with supporting skills. Clients pay specialist rates for the design but get the bonus skills.
-
How do you pivot when your niche stops working
I pivoted by adding, not replacing. Still served Instagram clients but added TikTok services. Gradual transition. No revenue loss. But I was spread thin for a year. There is no clean way to pivot.
-
When do you know your niche is too broad
@HannahK How did you discover that specific chokepoint? Did you survey existing clients or did it emerge from conversations?
-
Is it too late to start a podcast in 2026
@Marcus Chen How do you convert podcast listeners to clients? Do you mention your services in every episode or let them find you
-
How do you build trust with cold traffic
@Jenna Torres Use other people's numbers. "I analyzed 50 successful cold email campaigns." You do not need to have sent them. You need to have studied them. Curators get trust too.
-
How do you build trust with cold traffic
I use social proof in the first scroll. Not testimonials. Specific numbers. "I have sent 400 sales emails. Here is what worked." That establishes credibility before I ask for anything.
-
How often do you email without burning people out
I was scared of this too. I started with once a week and gradually increased. My audience actually told me they wanted more. You might be underestimating their appetite.
-
How do you repurpose content without sounding repetitive
@Marcus Chen @HannahK @DerekNoBS I am shifting focus from repurposing hacks to content creation volume. Ten pieces per month. Then I will not need to worry about repetition. Thank you for the reframe.
-
How do you repurpose content without sounding repetitive
@HannahK @DerekNoBS Both approaches make sense. I think the real issue is I am not creating enough original content to have anything to repurpose. If I had ten strong pieces per month, I would not stress about repeating one.
-
What is your highest converting call to action
I use "steal my template." Specific. Promises value. Takes two seconds. My click rate is 12% versus 3% on generic CTAs. Specificity converts.
-
Should you disclose AI use to clients
I use AI for research, drafting, and editing. My clients assume the work is 100% me. Should I tell them? If yes, how? I do not want to seem less valuable but I also do not want to hide anything.
-
How do you use AI for client deliverables without losing your voice
My clients pay for my perspective and writing style. If I use AI to draft, am I cheating them? How do you leverage AI for speed while maintaining the authenticity they are paying for?
-
How do you use AI for client deliverables without losing your voice
My clients pay for my perspective and writing style. If I use AI to draft, am I cheating them? How do you leverage AI for speed while maintaining the authenticity they are paying for?
-
Dealing with burnout without quitting
I am burned out. Not tired. Burned out. Everything feels heavy. But I cannot quit. Bills, clients, commitments. How do you recover when taking a month off is not an option?
-
How do you stay motivated when results are slow
I have been working on my business for eight months. Revenue is inconsistent. Some months great. Some months terrible. How do you maintain motivation when the results do not match the effort?
-
Is it better to be a generalist or specialist in a recession
Economic uncertainty is making me question my niche. As a specialist, I am vulnerable if my industry tanks. As a generalist, I am replaceable. Which path is safer when the economy contracts?
-
What freebie actually converted for your email list this year
I used a simple swipe file of my best performing emails. Took me an hour to compile. Still my highest converting lead magnet two years later.
-
How do you write a sales page that does not feel manipulative
I record myself explaining the course to a friend and transcribe it. My natural enthusiasm and specific details come through. When I try to write marketing copy, I sound like everyone else. When I transcribe real conversation, I sound like me.
-
What is your actual social media strategy right now
@Marcus Chen @DerekNoBS @HannahK I think my problem is I am doing daily posting without a hub. No blog. No email list. Just social. Going to build the hub first, then use social as distribution. Thank you for the clarity.
-
How do you measure if your content marketing is working
I gave up on measuring content ROI directly. Instead I track branded search volume. If more people are searching my name specifically, my content is building awareness. The sales come later.
-
What content format gets you the most qualified leads
Email sequences. Not newsletters. Sequences that teach one concept over five days. By day three, people reply asking about my services. Education builds trust faster than any social post.
-
When did you realize you were not cut out for a 9-to-5
@Marcus_C I needed that distinction. I have four months saved. Not enough to choose. Enough to survive being chosen. Going to tighten my freelance pipeline before I make any moves. Thank you.
-
What is your definition of success in online business
Success is creating something that outlasts my involvement. A course that sells while I sleep. A community that grows without me. Assets over hours. That is the only metric that matters to me now.