Everything posted by SamC
-
Is niching down actually necessary or overrated
I stayed general for five years. Made good money. Niched last year and made more with less effort. The difference was messaging clarity, not skill improvement.
-
How do you handle imposter syndrome before a launch
I tell myself the product is not about me. It is about the person who needs it. Thatshift removes the ego. It is not do I deserve success. It is does this help someone. If yes, launch.
-
What is the biggest myth about online business
I thought I needed a massive audience. Spent two years chasing followers. Reality: I made my first $10K with 400 email subscribers. Audience size is irrelevant if intent is missing.
-
When did you raise your prices and how did clients react
I tested the new rate on new clients only. Kept old clients at old rates for three months. Gave me confidence that the market would pay before I rolled it out across the board.
-
How do you get your first 100 email subscribers
I ran a simple giveaway. A $50 Amazon card for one piece of feedback on my lead magnet. 200 entries. 150 joined my list. 40% opened my first email. Not glamorous but it worked.
-
Which AI writing tool actually sounds like you
I tried Jasper and hated it. Switched to a custom GPT trained on my content. Still edits heavily but the structure is better. The tool matters less than the training data.
-
When did you know your niche was too broad
I niched down when I started saying no to 80% of inbound leads. Terrifying at first. But the 20% I said yes to paid more and referred more. Scarcity creates demand.
-
How do you handle clients who want everything for $500
Great thread. I think the key is knowing your floor before the conversation starts. If $500 is below your minimum, the answer is automatic. The stress comes from deciding in the moment instead of deciding beforehand.
-
What is your actual tech stack cost per month
I just added up my subscriptions and I am at $340 per month. Email, landing pages, design, scheduling, hosting, course platform. Feels excessive for a solo business. What are you actually paying for your core stack?
-
How do you stay consistent when nobody is watching
I have been creating content for six months and the engagement is minimal. I know consistency matters but some days I wonder if I am shouting into the void. How do you keep going when the metrics do not show progress yet?
-
What tools do you actually pay for every month to run your business
I am reviewing my monthly expenses and realizing I am subscribed to way too many tools. What do you actually pay for every month that is genuinely essential to your business? Looking to trim the fat.
-
How do you stop ChatGPT emails from sounding robotic
I paste three of my best emails into the prompt first and ask it to match the tone. Without examples it defaults to business speak. With examples it gets surprisingly close
-
WordPress plus LMS or just use an all-in-one course platform
I use WordPress because I already know it. The learning curve of a new platform would have delayed my launch by months. Use what you know unless it is actively breaking.
-
Has anyone actually automated client onboarding with AI
I tried full automation and it felt cold. Now I use AI for the form and scheduling but I record a personal welcome video for every client. Hybrid approach works best.
-
Custom website or solid template in 2026
I am rebuilding my site and debating whether to go custom or use a solid template. Custom feels premium but templates are faster. For a service business, does it actually matter in 2026?
-
Using AI for sales copy. How much editing is still required
I had the same issue. What fixed it was giving the AI three examples of my best emails first. Context changed everything. Without examples it writes generic marketing speak.
-
Which AI tool actually saved you time vs just adding more noise
I tried an AI content generator and spent more time editing than writing. Dropped it. Now I only us AI for research and outlines. The writing still happens the old way
-
Is raising prices the only way to earn more or are there smarter paths
I added productized services. Same skills, packaged differently. A one-hour consultation became a strategy audit with a deliverable. The work was identical. The perceived value doubled. Packaging beats pricing.
-
What does your post-launch email follow-up actually look like?
I wait three days then send a case study to the entire list. Buyers feel validated. Non-buyers see what they missed. It is the highest revenue email I send outside of the launch itself.
-
Do you give away everything in blog posts or hold back for the paid product?
I am struggling with content strategy. If I give away my best stuff for free, why would anyone buy? But if I hold back, the free content feels thin. Where do you draw the line?
-
Only have $500 for marketing a launch. Where do you spend it?
I spent my first five hundred on outreach. Direct messages to people who already engaged with my content. Not ads. Personal invites. Conversion rate was insane because the relationship was warm.
-
Writing sales copy as an introvert. How do you do it without feeling gross
I reframe it as helping, not selling. If I believe my product genuinely solves the problem, the copy is just me explaining why. The shift is internal, not tactical.
-
How often do you email without burning people out
I was scared of this too. I started with once a week and gradually increased. My audienc actually told me they wanted more. You might be underestimating their appetite.
-
Long-form sales page vs short video letter. What worked better for your course
I split tested both. The long page won by a small margin but the video page had higher quality leads who stayed longer. I now use both in sequence.
-
Share your last subject line that actually got opened
I am in a subject line rut. Everything I write feels like a newsletter header. Share the last subject line that actually got you above average opens. I need some inspiration.