July 2Jul 2 #1853 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I don't see a lot of people talking about this. I am sure some people here have experience with tracking traffic and understanding what helps rank better on Google.What are some lessons you learned doing this? Are there truly right and wrong ways to go about building up traffic to your website or is it just all luck?
July 6Jul 6 #1972 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-1972 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 Well, search intent as well as content quality are more important than actual keyword amounts. I remember reading that you want to focus on "EAT". This is Expertise, Authoritative, and Trustworthy. When you site or content online has some level of each, it helps boost it a lot.
July 7Jul 7 #1988 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-1988 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 On 7/6/2026 at 9:14 AM, Cozmic said:"EAT". This is Expertise, Authoritative, and Trustworthy.I have never heard of this before but I really like it. I think this is what Google does prioritize. This is probably why established websites eat up most of the traffic. It is hard to compete with what they consider "expert" or a athoritavie" as well.
July 9Jul 9 #2026 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-2026 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 19 I have come to understand that no matter how good the content is, if a website or brand/company with more authority decides to talk about your topic, you will get deranked. Same with selling services. More localized ones are safe that function on and offline.
July 10Jul 10 #2031 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-2031 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 I was going to say something similar to GZip. It used to be way easier to rank than it is now. I just try not to worry about it as much. So long as the traffic is going in the right direction, just focus on whatever is making that happen.
July 20Jul 20 #2152 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-2152 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 On 7/7/2026 at 9:37 AM, dannydobbs said:I have never heard of this before but I really like it. I think this is what Google does prioritize. This is probably why established websites eat up most of the traffic. It is hard to compete with what they consider "expert" or a athoritavie" as well.You just have to copy the same format. Make your site seem more authoritative on the niche you are in by linking to your own content for one. There are a number of tricks to this but it does take time. Most people don't want to put in the time.
July 21Jul 21 #2158 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-2158 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 23 hours ago, Cozmic said:You just have to copy the same format. Make your site seem more authoritative on the niche you are in by linking to your own content for one. There are a number of tricks to this but it does take time. Most people don't want to put in the time.I think it isn't as easy as it sounds and even if you put in the time, it doesn't always work. This is probably why people give up on it. Either way, it is hard to compete for traffic these days, especially once you lose it.
August 8Aug 8 #2325 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/275-what-lessons-have-you-learned-when-it-comes-to-traffic-and-ranking-on-google/#findComment-2325 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 On 7/21/2026 at 8:25 AM, dannydobbs said:I think it isn't as easy as it sounds and even if you put in the time, it doesn't always work. This is probably why people give up on it. Either way, it is hard to compete for traffic these days, especially once you lose it.That is fair to say I guess. I mean if it was easy or worked every time, people wouldn't be having this problem on such a wide scale. It sucks when you put so much time into something to just see it tank.
Create an account or sign in to comment