July 23Jul 23 #2174 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 So I run a small online store. I started it in Etsy, branched out to eBay, tried Amazon, and now I have my own site. The issue is actually getting more traffic and sales. I am averaging maybe 20 sales a month which I know is great considering the size of the shop but I was making more sales on Etsy at one time. When it started to drop is when I opened my own shop. Anyways, I am wondering what I could do to improve sales, traffic, etc. and grow my small business. My goal is to earn enough to do this full time.
July 30Jul 30 #2252 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2252 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 22 I heard of people losing sales on Etsy when they introduced paid ad spaces. Did you try that before moving away from them? Yes, 20 sales is good but depending on what you actually sell and the price of those products, it could always be much better. I would include cards with every purchase. Get some business cards printed with your logo and a website URL as well as a QR code. Send them with every purchase.
August 2Aug 2 Author #2270 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2270 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 7/30/2026 at 9:39 AM, Rege92 said:I heard of people losing sales on Etsy when they introduced paid ad spaces. Did you try that before moving away from them?Yes, 20 sales is good but depending on what you actually sell and the price of those products, it could always be much better. I would include cards with every purchase. Get some business cards printed with your logo and a website URL as well as a QR code. Send them with every purchase.Yup! I did give it a try and it did help a little bit but the cost ended up not being worth it because I was still making the same or less after. I am trying to venture into other passive income options so I can help supplement this while I figure things out. I will look into the business card thing though for sure!
August 5Aug 5 #2296 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2296 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 Do promo codes for it on social media. Find relevant posts and make posts about the things you sell with a special code to get a discount. Just make sure to put a time limit on them when you do this. I have heard of this helping a decent bit.
August 6Aug 6 #2307 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2307 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 If you can afford it, you can try reaching out to YouTubers and Streamers for promotions. I don't know what they typically charge but smaller creators likely don't charge too much. This can help if you can find a good niche and collection of creators to target with promotional pitches.
August 9Aug 9 #2333 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2333 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 On 8/6/2026 at 9:33 AM, TJW1984 said:If you can afford it, you can try reaching out to YouTubers and Streamers for promotions. I don't know what they typically charge but smaller creators likely don't charge too much. This can help if you can find a good niche and collection of creators to target with promotional pitches.I just mentioned this in another thread. I am seeing this happen more and more, and you know what? It works. I have actually spent money because things were recommended to me by YouTubers I enjoy watching.
August 11Aug 11 #2353 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2353 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 On 8/5/2026 at 9:28 AM, justdave said:Do promo codes for it on social media.This works surprisingly well around the holiday season which is coming up. I was talking to someone I used to work with who is now a full time entrepreneur and he said this is his one secret to boosting holiday sales!
August 19Aug 19 Author #2418 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2418 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 8/6/2026 at 9:33 AM, TJW1984 said:If you can afford it, you can try reaching out to YouTubers and Streamers for promotions.How much does something like this tend to cost? I was under the impression that it was not cheap and that is why I never bothered trying this level of advertisement.
August 24Aug 24 #2468 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2468 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 On 8/19/2026 at 10:03 AM, dougchimes said:How much does something like this tend to cost? I was under the impression that it was not cheap and that is why I never bothered trying this level of advertisement.Everyone charges different. Smaller creators will charge less. It really depends. You can reach out to a few and ask. Most of them have contact emails for sponsorship deals.
August 26Aug 26 #2490 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2490 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 I know it is a given but make sure your SEO is up yo date and you have all your images properly labeled, links functioning and not broken, etc.
September 6Sep 6 #2574 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2574 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 11 If you want more people to shop, focus on building word of mouth marketing. A friend of mine used to run a small etsy shop and she never marketed it.She just made it so her items were giftable and always included cards with her orders. This build a client base of people coming back for multiple occasions and holidays as well as increased new customers month after month.
September 7Sep 7 Author #2576 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2576 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 23 hours ago, JoanZims said:and always included cards with her orders.I'd imagine you mean business cards? I noticed the few times I shopped on Etsy, other people were doing this. I intended on doing it as well but never looked into the cost. I am going to have to, thanks for reminding me.
September 23Sep 23 #2733 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2733 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 11 On 9/7/2026 at 10:34 AM, dougchimes said:I'd imagine you mean business cards? I noticed the few times I shopped on Etsy, other people were doing this. I intended on doing it as well but never looked into the cost. I am going to have to, thanks for reminding me.Yes, or just a standard card with a website link, brand, and maybe a discount code. You can do all sorts of things. Even on a budget, you can just print out information on paper instead of using cards.
September 24Sep 24 Author #2736 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/314-how-can-i-improve-my-small-shop/#findComment-2736 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 23 hours ago, JoanZims said:Yes, or just a standard card with a website link, brand, and maybe a discount code. You can do all sorts of things. Even on a budget, you can just print out information on paper instead of using cards.Oh right, okay. I didn't think of just using paper instead. I think some printers will even print on card stock which makes it like a business card anyways, right?
Create an account or sign in to comment