August 6Aug 6 #2308 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 Aside from buying ads and having platforms like Facebook run them for you, what other avenues would you say work for promoting a website to sell products or services? I am trying to do a cost comparison and output guide in an attempt to help some of my readers on a blog I run.
August 9Aug 9 #2332 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2332 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 Quora is a good platform for this if you understand how to use it. Reddit can also be valuable but you have to have an account with good karma and make natural sounding posts. The users don't like promotional posting for the most part on that platform. You could also do your own posting to social media or have larger accounts promote things for you. Think of things like YouTubers being paid to talk about your product.
August 10Aug 10 #2343 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2343 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 22 hours ago, dannydobbs said:Quora is a good platform for this if you understand how to use it.I thought this site wasn't great anymore. Maybe I misunderstood something.That aside, I remember using websites like "StumbledUpon" but I am not sure they are around anymore. It seems like social media giants are the best for promotions either as ads, comments, or just general posts. You can also comment in a post you make if it goes viral to promote something.
August 11Aug 11 #2351 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2351 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 You can do YouTube shorts. I know someone that did that for their shop. They made creative videos and just linked back to their store at the end with a link in the description and it worked fairly well. The videos have to be able to grab attention though.
August 18Aug 18 #2413 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2413 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 11 On 8/11/2026 at 11:00 AM, ChrisWP said:You can do YouTube shorts. I know someone that did that for their shop. They made creative videos and just linked back to their store at the end with a link in the description and it worked fairly well. The videos have to be able to grab attention though.I have heard of people doing this but the trouble with YouTube and shorts for that matter, is that the algorithm seems to be completely random and videos make take months or even years before they get recommended. Even shorts!
August 22Aug 22 #2454 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2454 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 Some people find success in posting in comments. This can be on any social platform. You make it as natural as possible and passively mention whatever you are selling.
August 27Aug 27 #2493 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2493 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 On 8/10/2026 at 9:56 AM, simonsays said:I thought this site wasn't great anymore. Maybe I misunderstood something.It can still work fine if you know what you are doing. It just isn't used as much as it was say 10 years ago. It still generates traffic for people and is good for just a general link builder platform.
August 29Aug 29 #2516 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2516 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 On 8/18/2026 at 9:49 AM, JoanZims said:I have heard of people doing this but the trouble with YouTube and shorts for that matter, is that the algorithm seems to be completely random and videos make take months or even years before they get recommended. Even shorts!That is a bit of an issue if the video is tied to current events or media. I wonder why it does this. I just assumed all shorts get boosted cause they want people using the platform.
September 10Sep 10 #2610 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2610 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 I wouldn't bother with manual placement anymore. Just buy ads with Google and it will place them where it is best. So many people waste time and money trying to do this themselves. It is better to focus that time on your business.
Yesterday at 01:12 PM1 day #2785 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/326-places-for-promotions-of-products-and-services/#findComment-2785 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 On 9/10/2026 at 10:31 AM, justdave said:I wouldn't bother with manual placement anymore. Just buy ads with Google and it will place them where it is best. So many people waste time and money trying to do this themselves. It is better to focus that time on your business.I don't know. I think manual linking is still valuable if you know what you are doing but running ads is great for small businesses. Not everyone sells products though so running ads for a site that doesn't actually sell anything seems like a waste.
Create an account or sign in to comment