August 17Aug 17 #2402 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/332-how-to-approach-re-branding-a-social-account/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 It is not tied to a business to anything like that. I have an account that has a decent following but it lost traction about a year ago and I hardly used it since. The followers are still there. I am considering re-branding it but I don't want the following to drop off. How would I approach something like this? Without ruining it/making people unfollow the account?
September 4Sep 4 #2556 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/332-how-to-approach-re-branding-a-social-account/#findComment-2556 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 22 Just bite the bullet and do it. I have done it before. I lost maybe 3 to 5% of my following. If you just leave it sitting unused, it will end up losing that much if not more followers anyways!
September 11Sep 11 #2621 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/332-how-to-approach-re-branding-a-social-account/#findComment-2621 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 Yeah I would just do it as well. If you just let it sit there, it won't help. I think over time social accounts get deranked when they are not being used anyways.So yeah, just do it. Update us on how it goes.
September 13Sep 13 #2639 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/332-how-to-approach-re-branding-a-social-account/#findComment-2639 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 You can start by updating the information. Maybe making a note that things are changing to the account? Most people just change it and don't worry about it though. I have followed accounts on there that did this and I had no idea about it until I realized I am following an account I don't recognize. I would either keep following if interested, or unfollow. I can tell you though it took a long time to notice lol
September 21Sep 21 #2720 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/332-how-to-approach-re-branding-a-social-account/#findComment-2720 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 22 Have you done it yet? I want to know if you lose a lot of followers or not, I am going to guess you didn't lose that many. It would take time and usually you gain new ones quicker than you lose old ones.
Saturday at 03:29 PM4 days #2759 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/332-how-to-approach-re-branding-a-social-account/#findComment-2759 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 On 9/13/2026 at 10:09 AM, Cozmic said:Most people just change it and don't worry about it though. I have followed accounts on there that did this and I had no idea about it until I realized I am following an account I don't recognize. I would either keep following if interested, or unfollow. I can tell you though it took a long time to notice lolThis has happened to me as well. I would be following an account and then suddenly out of no where notice one was new and didn't remember following it. Come to find out the user changed it to something else.
Create an account or sign in to comment