September 7Sep 7 #2585 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 When do you start doing this? I usually start the second week of October but I am considering starting earlier. Just to keep ahead of things. I like to plan on sales, holiday package deals, do themed packaging, etc.I usually offer holiday coupons in November and December but I might also do one for October too.
September 9Sep 9 #2598 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2598 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 On 9/7/2026 at 11:08 AM, dougchimes said:I usually offer holiday coupons in November and December but I might also do one for October too.I don't focus on it too much but a lot of people actually start at the end of September now. So I would give October a try. Maybe run a deal 2 weeks in October, and then 2 weeks for November, and another 2 in December?
September 10Sep 10 #2614 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2614 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 I like to do a 6 week run of deals from the second week of November until the last of December. This I find is a good window if you are wanting to cut back on offers but still hit the holiday sweet spot. Also, you have to remember about Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
September 11Sep 11 #2624 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2624 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 I don't really focus too much on the holiday season. I know I probably should but with what I do, it isn't necessary.I think if you are going to do it though, hitting October is a good idea cause of Halloween.
September 16Sep 16 #2669 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2669 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 19 On 9/7/2026 at 11:08 AM, dougchimes said:I usually start the second week of October but I am considering starting earlier. Just to keep ahead of things. I like to plan on sales, holiday package deals, do themed packaging, etc.I think starting in October is fine but if you want some sales for Halloween (depending on what you sell) I would start next week. It all comes down to what kind of business you run and if you sell products or services.
September 18Sep 18 #2690 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2690 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 I am not sure what businesses work best for the holiday season but I see everyone and their mother offering holiday specials. Even stuff that has nothing to do with gift-giving. Things like home repair for example. I think it is a good idea to take part in the season because it is the one time of the year people are guaranteed to be looking to spend money.
September 22Sep 22 #2724 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2724 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 On 9/7/2026 at 11:08 AM, dougchimes said:When do you start doing this?Now. It is officially the first day of fall so the summer season is over. A lot of companies will start soon as it is September but I think that is too pushy. I think getting things ready now and then rolling sales and holiday deals out the second week of October through the first week of January is ideal.
September 24Sep 24 Author #2739 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2739 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 9/22/2026 at 9:12 AM, HNDean said:Now. It is officially the first day of fall so the summer season is over. A lot of companies will start soon as it is September but I think that is too pushy. I think getting things ready now and then rolling sales and holiday deals out the second week of October through the first week of January is ideal.Oh okay. I guess this makes sense. I think I am going to do some sales for October this year and see how it goes. I had been considering it anyways.Thanks everyone for the replies!
Yesterday at 01:07 PM1 day #2783 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/354-preparing-for-the-holiday-season/#findComment-2783 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I am seeing Christmas stuff already, it is not even October yet! I feel like some companies push too hard too fast. As for sales and marketing, I don't think Christmas stuff should start until a week or so before Thanksgiving. For sure not earlier than November. I think 6 weeks prior to the holiday is a good measurement of time.
Create an account or sign in to comment