Friday at 01:05 PM5 days #2750 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/365-are-double-letters-really-that-bad/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I always see people talk about this and advise against it when it comes to domains/URLs. What I am referring to is using two words that have the same letter at the end of the first and start of the second. So for example, a URL that is "applessquares" - apples ending in "s" and squares beginning with "s". I know before people would say not to use it because you risk people doing typos and some say it looks bad, but I never viewed it as big of a deal as others seem to. Does it really matter?
Sunday at 04:01 PM2 days #2772 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/365-are-double-letters-really-that-bad/#findComment-2772 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 You are better off using a "-" then allowing the same letter to touch.What you said about looking bad and typing errors is 100% correct. I would never use a domain like this.
Yesterday at 01:28 PM1 day #2790 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/365-are-double-letters-really-that-bad/#findComment-2790 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 YES. No matter what people say or have said online, you do not want to do this for a URL. It isn't just about looking odd or bad, it causes issues with people mistyping and isn't good for SEO purposes. Like Dave mentioned, use a dash instead if you have to.
Create an account or sign in to comment