July 18Jul 18 #2135 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 11 Despite doing weekly updates, adding new content, making sure everything was accurate, even keeping up with the latest trends... Not one but BOTH of my blogs lost 90% of their traffic.I am just wondering if this can be saved? Can I regain the lost traffic or is there no hope once it is gone? I have heard of other sites having this happen and never recovering from it.
July 19Jul 19 #2146 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2146 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 Yes it is possible. It takes a lot of time though. Most people say a good 3 to 9 months. You have to go through everything manually. Remove anything low-quality or outdated. Find and remove duplicate pages. Focus on high-interest posts that previously saw the most traffic.
July 20Jul 20 #2156 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2156 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 22 hours ago, amberb94 said:Yes it is possible. It takes a lot of time though. Most people say a good 3 to 9 months. You have to go through everything manually. Remove anything low-quality or outdated. Find and remove duplicate pages. Focus on high-interest posts that previously saw the most traffic.This is correct. I have seen people do it and it works. It is not guaranteed to work but if you feel your blogs are worth saving, then put in the time. I have tried this before a number of years ago and couldn't get it to work out for mine. I gave it a year and a half and just stopped bothering with the blog entirely. Eventually I just shut it down.
July 23Jul 23 #2182 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2182 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 I would say you can but I think that it probably only works maybe 20% of the time. Some people will tell you it is easier to rank back up from scratch. So taking all your content, redoing it, and reposting it on a new website with a fresh face instead of doing this on the current domain.
July 26Jul 26 #2214 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2214 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 I am going to guess you did nothing wrong. Google has made statements about their changes impacting a lot of websites, especially blogs. If you have an e-mail list, start there and make use of it. You can attempt to sell an e-book in your niche and offer bits and pieces of it for free to subscribers and readers.
July 29Jul 29 #2240 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2240 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 In my experience and from what I have gathered, it really comes down to the niche and the content involved. The more useful the better. So like a blog that is dedicated to answering questions will be easier to fix than one that is just about travel for example.
August 7Aug 7 #2314 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2314 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 On 7/29/2026 at 9:45 AM, donnie said:In my experience and from what I have gathered, it really comes down to the niche and the content involved. The more useful the better. So like a blog that is dedicated to answering questions will be easier to fix than one that is just about travel for example.This probably plays a role too.Certain niches already perform better than others and since that is the case, some have a greater probability of rebounding lost traffic. I wish I knew what killed my old blog but I never figured it out and gave up with it 4 years ago.
August 16Aug 16 #2396 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/310-can-you-save-a-blog-that-lost-90-of-its-traffic/#findComment-2396 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 22 Ask AI to analyze your site and find ways to improve it for traffic recovery. I had a friend do this recently and he said his traffic improved after following what the AI recommended. It took about 2 months but he saw an increase of about 20%.
Create an account or sign in to comment