August 20Aug 20 #2435 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 1 I am considering branching out more into the niche I focus on. Everything I read though says to get as "niche" as possible with it. So for example, since I am in the gaming sector, I should focus on one genre of gaming or one console, vs doing a bit of everything. Others say you are better off casting a wider net and following what works. I am just not sure!
August 25Aug 25 #2482 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2482 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I think it depends. If you don't see growth, shrinking your niche can have the same effect as making it larger. That is the trouble. Are you specifically talking about a website? Or social media accounts?
August 27Aug 27 #2495 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2495 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 Usually, you have an easier time growing traffic when you try to focus in on niche things, especially coupled with a niche location.However, you don't have as much of a range for growth over time. I would experiment with it and see what happens.
August 28Aug 28 #2508 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2508 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 On 8/20/2026 at 9:27 AM, greg89 said:since I am in the gaming sector, I should focus on one genre of gaming or one console, vs doing a bit of everything.You can do this, it would make things easier for you and make it easier for people to find your content. Think of it like building a forum. You could always add sections later. Focus on what you want to be known for first and what interests you most.
August 28Aug 28 #2509 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2509 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 EDIT: double post, sorry! Edited August 28Aug 28 by simonsays
August 29Aug 29 #2514 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2514 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 For gaming, I don't know if it matters in the long run but it seems like people that focus on a specific game, console, or genre have better growth.I know there are people even to this day that exclusively do Minecraft content and even though the game is 16 years old, their videos still perform great.
September 5Sep 5 #2566 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2566 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 On 8/29/2026 at 10:21 AM, ChrisWP said:For gaming, I don't know if it matters in the long run but it seems like people that focus on a specific game, console, or genre have better growth.I know there are people even to this day that exclusively do Minecraft content and even though the game is 16 years old, their videos still perform great.It seems like certain games outperform others. Ones that have a consistent player base will always be an avenue for videos that get views, especially if you are more niche about. So say you do a Minecraft channel... You can focus purely on builds. Or you can focus on plugins. Or you can even do in-server gameplay.
September 7Sep 7 #2584 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2584 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 I agree with Dean. Just find a niche area of gaming you enjoy a lot and focus in on that if you are going to do it. Make sure it is something people have had consistent interest in for at least 5 years.
September 10Sep 10 #2606 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2606 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 On 9/7/2026 at 11:05 AM, dougchimes said:I agree with Dean. Just find a niche area of gaming you enjoy a lot and focus in on that if you are going to do it. Make sure it is something people have had consistent interest in for at least 5 years.This is good too. Like finding something that has long term interest. I have a friend I met online that is building a community and YouTube channel specifically for GTA Online. So when the new one goes live, everything will be ready.
September 15Sep 15 #2652 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2652 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 On 9/5/2026 at 10:26 AM, HNDean said:So say you do a Minecraft channel... You can focus purely on builds. Or you can focus on plugins. Or you can even do in-server gameplay.This does work well for Minecraft but most other games are not quite like this one. There are a ton of topics and avenues to take with it.
September 22Sep 22 #2723 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2723 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 On 9/15/2026 at 9:28 AM, ChrisWP said:This does work well for Minecraft but most other games are not quite like this one. There are a ton of topics and avenues to take with it.I know, I was giving one of the bigger examples. There are other games though that you can focus in on a niche part of the game though. It isn't like they don't exist.
September 24Sep 24 #2743 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/339-should-i-cast-a-wider-net/#findComment-2743 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 9/10/2026 at 10:20 AM, justdave said:I have a friend I met online that is building a community and YouTube channel specifically for GTA Online. So when the new one goes live, everything will be ready.That is actually smart. This is meant to be the biggest game release in over a decade so may as well capitalize on it. I don't even think the last GTA was as big of a deal as this one is.
Create an account or sign in to comment