Everything posted by JoanZims
-
If traffic drops out of no where without recovery, could AI be to blame?
Maybe you guys are right. I don't know. I am just so desperate to find a reason or cause so I could at least know the best approach to fix things. I know I am not in this alone. I see so many people online asking the same things.
-
Is Rumble worth it?
I can't blame you. I noticed most people in my family don't even talk about politics anymore. We are all tired of it. I hope Rumble realizes this and tries to be more like YouTube. It should be a healthy mix.
-
Is X a good platform for businesses or should I stick with Facebook?
That is what I thought. It seems more about being a social news hub than anything else which sucks. I think the concept of it earlier on was great. But it seems like most social platforms like this swing too hard into politics. Even that newer one, Bluesky I think it is called, that is overly political too. Hardly seems worth using any of these places unless you are running a bigger business.
-
Is using WordPress a smart choice, or does it bring too many complications?
I have used WordPress for YEARS for my blogs and never had an issue with it. I find that it makes it easier for me. I stick to the same plugins and make sure I update them as needed. I also never use any plugins that could end up being abandoned, that is where a lot of people run into issues.
-
I feel like AI is ruining the internet...
Do you think that maybe people using social media more and using websites less could have impacted traffic at all? I know for a lot of forums this has been the case but those are a bit different from websites and blogs. I am not entirely sure how AI even works. I am a bit out of the loop with it.
-
If traffic drops out of no where without recovery, could AI be to blame?
I didn't consider this. Both my blogs saw a massive decrease in traffic the last few years. I have been trying to figure out why, looking up different things. I have tried everything I could find to fix this and nothing has worked for me. Maybe it is down to AI, I don't know much about it.
-
Is X a good platform for businesses or should I stick with Facebook?
Isn't X a politics and news platform and Facebook more for family and friends? I don't really use social media so I am not sure. Maybe I should have been using it, my blogs could have done better from what I was reading online.
-
Can paid traffic help?
So as I mentioned in my intro thread, both of my blogs saw a loss of 90% of their traffic. Someone suggested that I pay for traffic to help boost them again and have them rank higher in search engine results. I am just not sure how this works or if this is even correct. My blogs were grown organically and took nearly 5 years to earn what they were and sustain the traffic they were getting. Anyways, is this something that can actually help or is it not worth it?
-
Is Rumble worth it?
My sister uses Rumble. She uses it to watch some political podcasts she follows. I just assumed the entire platform was politics. I went on it once and that was all I saw. I have no interest in that. I think maybe that is hurting their platform but I am not very savvy when it comes to internet videos.
-
Can you save a blog that lost 90% of its traffic?
Despite doing weekly updates, adding new content, making sure everything was accurate, even keeping up with the latest trends... Not one but BOTH of my blogs lost 90% of their traffic. I am just wondering if this can be saved? Can I regain the lost traffic or is there no hope once it is gone? I have heard of other sites having this happen and never recovering from it.
-
Hello from Michigan
Hello everyone. So I joined to hopefully get some advise on a few blogs I run. The long story short is that I had been earning really well from them for 10 years and they suddenly stopped getting traffic. At first it dropped by maybe 25% but then as another year or two went by, both saw a 75% decrease. At this point, I am guessing both have lost 90% of their traffic and I am not sure what to do. Without getting into the specifics of the channels I earned through on my blogs, both were bringing in around $3,200 a month in total. Now it is only $300 if I am lucky. I used a lot of this money to put into savings and for retirement planning as well as helped a local cat shelter. I was bringing them supplies every month and sadly I had to stop. I am hoping someone can help me fix this. I would like to get it back to at least $1,000 monthly earnings. That would be better than what it is now.