Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JoanZims

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    8
  • Replies

    28

Everything posted by JoanZims

  1. That is Quora. I tried using that site before but had no such luck. Thanks for all your replies guys, I am going to set up a new account later today and see what I can do with it. I hope it helps boost traffic!
  2. A friend of mine sells handmade items and has recently started getting a lot more sales out of nowhere. She is struggling to keep up. Is there and easy to use tool (preferably one that is free!) to help her manage this sort of thing? I know a lot of tools are paid for but I figured I would ask. I was thinking of just making one for her using AI but I am still very much clueless when it comes to how to do such a thing. I have to look into it more.
  3. Yes, or just a standard card with a website link, brand, and maybe a discount code. You can do all sorts of things. Even on a budget, you can just print out information on paper instead of using cards.
  4. So the traffic has gone up and I do get some clicks from X but it took awhile and I believe 50% of the traffic coming from X are bots or AI. I am not entire sure. The posts I make only average maybe 300 views and I think I get 5 to 10 clicks so nothing substantial yet.
  5. Great, thanks! I was curious as I was seeing people use Claude to make apps and browser tools. I would be interested in making a browser tool. I will have to look into it more!
  6. There are aspects of it that I don't like but I see the benefits outweighing the risks and issues. So I don't really have strong feelings about it. It is going to be a part of our lives moving forward whether we like it or not. It reminds of the mid to late '90s when people were talking about the internet. Saying it was a waste of time. Others saying it was dangerous. People talking about it taking jobs away. Everything they are saying about AI now and look where we are with it all these years later!
  7. If you want more people to shop, focus on building word of mouth marketing. A friend of mine used to run a small etsy shop and she never marketed it. She just made it so her items were giftable and always included cards with her orders. This build a client base of people coming back for multiple occasions and holidays as well as increased new customers month after month.
  8. I have seen people talking about this more now that you mention it. I guess it can be annoying when you are trying to avoid ads and the people you follow for news or whatever keep promoting the same stuff. I don't mind people doing cause I would do the same if I had a platform to earn from!
  9. I would be interested in this app! If you end up putting it on an app store, let me know. Were you using Claude for this? I was watching a video of someone making an app a few days ago using this system and it is impressive!
  10. There are a few accounts I follow on there that focus on nature and animals and they do really well! One of them isn't verified and they seem to have at least 2 posts a day that get well over 100k views with lots of interactions. I just started using it a few days ago. I figured I would sign up and see what the fuss is about.
  11. I had completely forgotten about Pinterest. I used it many years ago but it appears to still be a popular website for many things. A friend of mind was talking about her friend using it to plan a wedding and buy stuff and then I remembered you can share links on there alongside pictures. Has anyone used this platform in recent years and had success with boosting traffic?
  12. I will think on this and try to come up with something, see if it makes a difference. Thank you! I just wish I had done this all from the start!
  13. Lifestyle is a good one. Think of things that people either want to become a part of, incorporate into their lives, better their lives, or learn something new to add to them.
  14. It depends. It depends on the project I have in mind. If it is for earnings or fun. How long I intend on keeping the domain. I tend to spend around $20 max but I never want to go overboard spending tons of money on different domains every year so I try to keep most of them under the $10 mark. Many of the domains I have cost me just $5 a year.
  15. I thought this might be the case, that I missed my window. I don't know why I skipped this either. It is one of the main recommendations when you first start building a website. I'll have to figure something out now.
  16. A lot of people are putting up a stink over AI on social media but I think most people don't care and most people wouldn't notice even if they did care. Just do what you think is best! If you don't mind, I would love to see what AI comes up for you if you end up using it.
  17. I have heard of people doing this but the trouble with YouTube and shorts for that matter, is that the algorithm seems to be completely random and videos make take months or even years before they get recommended. Even shorts!
  18. I realized this myself spending more time on social media. The more I see accounts I follow promoting something, the more I get put off by the product. Same with video ads. The more I see them, the more I don't want them. They feel pushy and forced. It annoys me. It doesn't encourage me to spend my money. So now I am wondering if I am not alone with this. And this kind of marketing could be hurting businesses big and small.
  19. I guess you are right. People just would rather be part of one hub or community for all their needs than having to bounce around. It sucks but I guess there isn't much we can do. Unless people revert back to house the internet used to be used.
  20. It is hard to navigate these platforms if you are running a site or business. Finding a niche group outside of news and politics is so hard these days. Everyone just wants drama.
  21. I don't watch a ton of YouTube channels or videos so I might not be the best person for this but I have noticed that most people do not do either of these anymore. Only one channel I watch does an outro and it is a comedy style channel. The outro is quick, simple, and silly. It is the same every time and just recommends other videos.
  22. Okay, so I just want to say thank you to everyone. I have decided to not try this. It doesn't make sense to based one everything people said here and what I have found online on other sites. I am just glad I asked as I would have been wasting time and money!
  23. I never actually put much time into this, I probably should have. It is something recommended a number of times online to boost traffic to blogs and other websites. I am just not sure where to begin with this. I have had email updates in the past but because they were seldom clicked on, I did away with it and never looked into other options but now I think I should. Where do I start with doing something like this?
  24. I had this a few times and yes, the certificate is likely being read as invalid. In my case, the first time it was expired and it was an easy fix. The second time, it happened on and off like you mentioned and then stopped after I updated my browser for some reason. Been fine since!
  25. I considered this awhile ago for my sites and even back then, everyone agreed it is not worth it in most cases. So I never bothered with it and saved the money. It would have cost me a lot more to buy all the domains I would have needed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.