Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Growing an X account quickly for revenue stream?

Featured Replies

Someone I follow on X mentioned that he grew his account from a few hundred followers to 50k in a few months and is able to earn passive income through advertisements. He just posts under one of his viral posts an ad for whoever pays him. And he is averaging around $2,000 a month in passive income doing this. He of course is charging for the information on how to do this by selling an e-book.

I would like to know how to do this but I don't want to pay for it. Has anyone done it here? Or know someone who has and what they did to grow their account? Do you have to be verified or does this matter?

There is no sure fire way to have quick growth. Like no actual formula. It is a bit of luck and algorithm boosting. It doesn't help that if you pay, you get better access to both.

I would say that if you want to grow your account two things need to be happening... you need to be posting daily and replying daily. Find a niche if you can, something people really enjoy, and focus in on that. This can be really anything but news and politics seems to perform best.

X seems to be hit or miss but lately, I noticed a lot of smaller accounts getting more attention. Things might have changed with their algorithm. I think just being active and connecting with bigger accounts (getting them to follow you back) goes a long way.

I had a lot of growth on X a few months ago, and a another boost more recently but it just halted.

I went from maybe 120 followers to over 2000 in a few short months but now, nothing. If anything, I am losing followers. I am not sure what to do about it.

I am not 100% familiar with the platform in terms of growth, trends, or earnings but I did ask AI about it. This might be useful for you?

To generate revenue on X quickly, creators must first secure X Premium and build a base of 500+ followers and 5 million impressions within a 90-day window to qualify for Ad Revenue Share. Organic growth typically requires 12–18 months to hit these thresholds, so accelerating income often involves strategic engagement or professional growth services to compress this timeline to 60–90 days.

Fast-Track Growth Strategies

Strategic Engagement The most effective organic method is the "70/30 rule": spend 70% of your time posting thoughtful, high-value replies to larger accounts in your niche and only 30% on original content. Posting 3–5 times daily and engaging within the first 30 minutes of viral tweets maximizes algorithmic distribution and profile visits.

Monetization Activation Once eligible, activate multiple revenue streams simultaneously to maximize income. Combine Ad Revenue Share (passive) with Subscriptions ($2.99–$9.99/month for exclusive content) and Affiliate Marketing. Creators can also earn quickly by productizing services or selling low-ticket digital products ($19–$49) to an engaged audience, which does not require the 5-million-impression threshold.

Don't forget that X also pays you so much sure you are verified. Even if you are only getting $30 a month for it, that is better than nothing and you can use that money to reinvest into your online projects.

There seems to be a grace period where you need to be active and show you are not spamming or causing issues. The only way to bypass this is to pay.

Once you get out of this, the views on your account will go up.

What does X even pay out these days? I heard that it isn't much anymore. I know when they first started, people were raking in thousands. One account I saw was making something like 10k every two weeks which is insane.

21 hours ago, dougchimes said:

What does X even pay out these days? I heard that it isn't much anymore. I know when they first started, people were raking in thousands. One account I saw was making something like 10k every two weeks which is insane.

There was an update for the system that dropped today actually. The Creator Revenue Sharing program has been replaced with Original Content Rewards. So you basically get paid according to qualified impressions from premium subs viewing your content.

Here are some details I found online:

  • Payment Method: All U.S. creator payouts for Original Content Rewards and subscriptions are now processed exclusively through X Money, offering instant deposits, 6% APY on balances, and 3% cashback on purchases.

  • Eligibility: Creators must subscribe to X Premium or Premium Plus and meet specific follower thresholds (e.g., 500 followers) to apply.

  • Earnings: While X does not publish a fixed rate, independent estimates suggest earnings of roughly $8–$12 per million verified impressions, with payouts varying significantly by niche and audience composition.

  • Transition: The old Revenue Sharing program ended on September 7, 2026, with final payouts distributed around that date.

I was going to mention the update. There are a lot of people complaining about it because you have to actually submit your "best work" and hope you get approved. A lot of bigger accounts have gotten rejected already.

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2026 at 8:58 AM, jonasb23 said:

Payment Method: All U.S. creator payouts for Original Content Rewards and subscriptions are now processed exclusively through X Money, offering instant deposits, 6% APY on balances, and 3% cashback on purchases.

So you earn X money instead of real money but it functions as real money via a credit card like system? I am not sure if I understand this right.

22 hours ago, dougchimes said:

So you earn X money instead of real money but it functions as real money via a credit card like system? I am not sure if I understand this right.

It is "real money" but it functions like a credit system. You can go onto Elon's X page, he made a post explaining it. I think a few people that work for X did.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.