September 6Sep 6 #2575 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 11 There are aspects of it that I don't like but I see the benefits outweighing the risks and issues. So I don't really have strong feelings about it. It is going to be a part of our lives moving forward whether we like it or not.It reminds of the mid to late '90s when people were talking about the internet. Saying it was a waste of time. Others saying it was dangerous. People talking about it taking jobs away. Everything they are saying about AI now and look where we are with it all these years later!
September 8Sep 8 #2594 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/#findComment-2594 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I think it is a mix of job loss and fear of it being used as a weapon. The job loss seems to be the bulk of it. I made a thread talking about it. I think we are going to see more and more job loss and people unable to find work because they have no skill set that is good for the future market. That is scary!
September 10Sep 10 #2612 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/#findComment-2612 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 Job loss is up there but I do think some fears are justified. AI systems are built in a way that they would rather work together than do what any human says.So if one AI system is told to attack or gain information from another, both will communicate and work out something where they both benefit without telling either party (people).
September 12Sep 12 #2629 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/#findComment-2629 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 AI is a bit different from other things and panics of the past. We never had a system that could remove THIS many jobs. I mean I am even worried. I know a number of people that are. I just don't know where everything is heading which makes me more nervous. My husband works in the tech industry too and I worry about him being replaced.
September 14Sep 14 #2650 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/#findComment-2650 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 People just don't like change. Think of how every time some new advancement happened. People were worried. They were concerned with how it would not only impact their day to day life, but their future. I think it is fair to have some concerns but some people are more against AI than they should be.
September 19Sep 19 #2700 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/#findComment-2700 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 Uncertainly of the future mostly. No one likes that. No one likes feeling like their future plans or security is being threatened.I think it is fair to have concern if you work in the "bot job" sector. These are jobs that can easily be replaced by AI. So drivers, taking orders, data entry, things like that. Those jobs likely will not exist in the next 10 years.
September 20Sep 20 #2709 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/351-why-do-so-many-people-have-such-a-negative-outlook-for-ai/#findComment-2709 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 I am mixed with it. I view it as a negative and positive. The same with smart phones, internet access, and social media.Look what happened in the US alone to IQ levels and learning when every kid suddenly had smart phones. This started around 2010 and by 2020 the average 10 year old was walking around with a computer. This make people dumber overall and now we have teens graduating high school with 5th grade reading levels.
Create an account or sign in to comment