September 16Sep 16 #2664 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 19 Does anyone here do 5-year planning? I was told yo do this a number of times but never actually done it. It is just a means of planning ahead for your career/work, budgeting, goals, etc.I am considering doing a 5-year plan for myself to see if I can reach some goals. I am not getting any younger and I feel like I waste so much time just thinking on things instead of doing them!
September 22Sep 22 #2730 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/#findComment-2730 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 I have tried to do them but never end up sticking to them so I do smaller planning. I will do 3 or 6 month planning. I will set smaller goals and be able to see better progress when I don't look to far into the future. Keeps me stress levels lower too.
September 24Sep 24 #2745 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/#findComment-2745 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 I always liked the concept of 5 year plans but I could never stick with one. I think the longest I would make it is 2 years. So I think doing shorter planning is a better fit for me as well.
Friday at 01:10 PM5 days #2752 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/#findComment-2752 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I have done this in the past and it helps but it never ends up how I expect it to. I will make a 5-year plan and it will change several times before that 5 years is up. So I tend to not be too serious with these things. I just make yearly goals now but I do have a 5 year plan where I want to reach a financial goal.
Sunday at 03:53 PM2 days #2769 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/#findComment-2769 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 So for me, my 5 year plan is fairly basic. I would like to have 30% of my house paid off (minimum), pay off my car loan, and get more money into my retirement plan. So really mine is centered around budgeting my money.
Monday at 02:36 PM2 days #2781 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/#findComment-2781 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 32 On 9/24/2026 at 10:24 AM, dougchimes said:I always liked the concept of 5 year plans but I could never stick with one. I think the longest I would make it is 2 years. So I think doing shorter planning is a better fit for me as well.Same for me as well. I like to do yearly goals and planning. If I try to stretch it out too far, I find myself worrying too much about the future before it is even here yet. Just makes life harder to manage and puts me in a place where I can't focus.
32 minutes ago32 min #2794 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/359-mapping-out-a-5-year-plan/#findComment-2794 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 On 9/16/2026 at 9:35 AM, GZip29 said:I am not getting any younger and I feel like I waste so much time just thinking on things instead of doing them!If you want to do any kind of plan, plan for your financial future. Start now. A lot of people wait until they are in their 50s to do this. So not wait. I am not sure how old you are but you really want to start planning things out when you are 35.
Create an account or sign in to comment