Everything posted by dannydobbs
-
Quite chasing broad audience and started serving one specific type of person
This is a business lesson that I think a lot of industries need to learn. One example is the gaming industry. I am in this sector in terms of work and it is a mess because studios keep trying to appeal to as many people as possible with a single game. It ends up creative games for next to no one.
-
What overlook niches turn out to be surprisingly profitable?
If you have knowledge in fiances or law, both do insanely well on YouTube and pay great. I know someone that did videos part-time for awhile on YouTube. He was an immigration lawyer. He ended up making more through his YouTube channel than he did actually working in law which is crazy. He has since retired.
-
What sorts of affiliate marketing have you incorporated into your business?
I wonder what happened with that. I did do a quick search on it and it pulled up a lot of people talking about the site/platform on Reddit. It was not good things. So I think it is best to avoid them. Based on what I have read anyways.
-
Best site, plugin, etc. to track stats?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I actually used Plausible before I tried Matomo. The thing is, Motomo is more useful and in depth. It helps you track way more and goes into greater detail. I would compare Plausible to something you'd find in a WP plugin.
-
What lessons have you learned when it comes to traffic and ranking on Google?
I have never heard of this before but I really like it. I think this is what Google does prioritize. This is probably why established websites eat up most of the traffic. It is hard to compete with what they consider "expert" or a athoritavie" as well.
-
What are the best real life uses of AI agents in your daily routine?
Most recently, I have been using it almost daily to help with calories and nutrition. I am trying to get healthier and lose some fat. So I started tracking stuff and while they do have apps for it, using AI has made it way easier for me.
-
What AI platform are people using to put animated font/text in videos?
As far as I know, there are a lot of them but pretty much all of them will require you to pay or you will be stuck with a watermark. I would just do it myself if it was something I wanted. It takes extra time yes, but at least you don't have to worry about losing access to a tool or having to pay for it.
-
Is there a good option for an AI music generator that is free?
I am trying to help a friend get some music for his YouTube channel. Just some background music. No lyrics or anything. He built up a channel and is close to getting monetized but the music he had been using as background music was flagged for copyright so he wants to move away from using it and use something he knows won't get his content flagged in the future.
-
Should I do self-hosting?
This is the way. I mean I will be blunt and honest, I have not had much down time in the 10 years I have been self-hosting. Maybe 3 or 4 times. Compared to the 10 years prior where I was using hosting companies, I had down time 4+ times a year.
-
Have you ever used Matomo for your websites?
I am curious. I brought it up in another thread only after just recently finding out not a lot of people seem to know about it. Most people seem to just use built in plugins on WordPress or other third party options for websites built custom or elsewhere. What I like about Matomo is I can set up the website and track all my domains in one place instead of having to rely on different platforms and metrics.
-
Best site, plugin, etc. to track stats?
This is true too. You can use multiple. I have done this in the past. There are also options like Matomo (although this is the only one I would recommend using) which are self-hosted. I don't know if a lot of people are aware of it or not.
-
What sorts of affiliate marketing have you incorporated into your business?
I have heard of ClickBank but not the other two. Are they all similar? I might have to play around with them and see if I could get approved for anything on any of my websites.
-
Should I do self-hosting?
Self-hosting is easier than it sounds and way more affordable. YES. You are responsible if something goes wrong and you can't ask anyone for help but if you set it up properly and know what you are doing, there is next to no downside to just hosting your sites yourself.
-
Should I set up a website or just use social accounts?
Use social media accounts. Build them up by replying to things, especially bigger accounts. For X, set your feed to "following" and "recent" and try to be one of the first people to make replies in things you think will get a lot of attention.
-
Best site, plugin, etc. to track stats?
If you want to just go with something tried and true, use Google Analytics. They are accurate and I believe there is a WordPress plug-in for WP powered websites. I have used it on and off over the years and I have no complaints. It seems fairly accurate.
-
How to chose the right domain?
This is what I was thinking of leaning into because I am not sure how else to work this out without the domain being almost entirely unrelated. My brother suggested something like LPBMarketing as an example. Not my business abbreviation or niche by the way. Just using it as an example.
-
What sorts of affiliate marketing have you incorporated into your business?
Yeah getting an Amazon Associates account is fairly easy. They just check your website and make sure it is something they want to partner with. I don't even think they check for traffic numbers or anything like that.
-
What sorts of affiliate marketing have you incorporated into your business?
I have an active Amazon Associates account I will be running along side my online business. My website will have a blog and recommend products via blog posts to readers and clients as my business is one of virtual services. I am curious to see what others are using in terms of affiliate marketing in 2026. I want to see if there is anything else I can add just to boost revenue a bit.
-
Tried switching hosts and my site crashed for a day
It has been a minute since I looked into it but I know from the past that DreamHost works great with WordPress plugins and it is on the cheaper side. I have had this happen too, so I know the pain. Although for me, it took DAYS to sort out the issue and cost me a good chunk of money ☹️
-
How to chose the right domain?
I have a small business I have been working on. I have everything ready to go including the website and social accounts set up. I am just hung up on the domain. The one I originally wanted is taken and far too expensive. My business name, logo, etc. are all done so now I have to figure out a way to match the domain to it without spending a fortune on the domain itself. How should I go about doing this? Any tips?