Everything posted by dannydobbs
-
How much do you think is acceptable to spend on a domain?
I have spent more than I would like to admit to lock in a domain but in all reality, this sort of thing doesn't matter as much anymore. If you are building an entire brand around a name, that is one thing but for people just doing blogs, small shops, etc. the URL doesn't need to be perfect.
-
Statusbrew vs Sprout Social
Statusbrew is for corporations and big business. Sprout is for independent creators and smaller businesses. I think you made a typo but you are correct outside of that!
-
Growing an X account quickly for revenue stream?
Don't forget that X also pays you so much sure you are verified. Even if you are only getting $30 a month for it, that is better than nothing and you can use that money to reinvest into your online projects.
-
Should I cast a wider net?
Usually, you have an easier time growing traffic when you try to focus in on niche things, especially coupled with a niche location. However, you don't have as much of a range for growth over time. I would experiment with it and see what happens.
-
Is it worth getting multiple domains for redirects?
Yeah this is why I was on the fence but considering the cost and the fact that I really don't have all that much traffic compare to larger sites, it doesn't make sense for me.
-
Places for promotions of products and services
It can still work fine if you know what you are doing. It just isn't used as much as it was say 10 years ago. It still generates traffic for people and is good for just a general link builder platform.
-
AI prompt libraries?
Going to check this out, thanks! I never heard of it before but just glancing at the site, it looks like what I was after. I will also look at vids on YouTube to see how to use it.
-
AI prompt libraries?
Can someone point me in the direction of a free one? I want to give this a try. This is the first time I am hearing about prompt libraries but it sounds insanely useful for someone like me. I still only know the AI basics.
-
How do I grow an e-mailing list?
I hate to say it bit she is correct. You have made it way more difficult on yourself doing it the other way around. Having an e-mailing list is meant to be a safety net of sorts to retain customers and/or traffic to your website.
-
Twitch vs Kick for streaming
I have heard mixed things about both! A friend of mine wants to start streaming on his down time in hopes to earn some extra income. I know a bit about audio and have some graphics design skills so I am helping him set up a channel but he is not should which platform to go with. I know you can stream on both at the same time but he wants one to be his main place and the other to host the video stream as a secondary viewing platform. Does anyone here know about the platforms?
-
How often do you run sales to encourage purchases?
Sales don't always encourage people to spend money. I think the timing has to be right. It works great for clothing and things of that nature but for things that fall under services and gift-able items, doing it around holidays is a good incentive for people.
-
How can I improve my small shop?
I just mentioned this in another thread. I am seeing this happen more and more, and you know what? It works. I have actually spent money because things were recommended to me by YouTubers I enjoy watching.
-
Places for promotions of products and services
Quora is a good platform for this if you understand how to use it. Reddit can also be valuable but you have to have an account with good karma and make natural sounding posts. The users don't like promotional posting for the most part on that platform. You could also do your own posting to social media or have larger accounts promote things for you. Think of things like YouTubers being paid to talk about your product.
-
Is it worth getting multiple domains for redirects?
Thanks everyone. After reading the replies here and doing a bit more research, I have decided against it. I think everyone is right about it just being a waste. I guess my brain still is stuck in the old ways of the internet and stuff that worked or was worth it 15 to 20 years ago mostly doesn't matter now.
-
Growing my Instagram account
That makes sense! They likely promote them more because they want to take people away from other platforms like TikTok. Was it Twitter that bought Vine? I still wish they would have kept that around. It was the only video platform I liked.
-
What AI platform are people using to put animated font/text in videos?
It is the only conclusion I could find because the fonts look clean and the only ones I ever see with clean fonts and good quality are paid programs. I am guessing it isn't that costly if you are earning from the videos.
-
Can paid traffic help?
No, Not yet! I have not gotten around to it. I wonder what has changed on X though. I will look into that more. I know there have been complaints that the platform was getting "ruined" do to a bad algorithm but it never seemed bad to me.
-
Should I focus on one website at a time?
I juggle a lot of sites and projects. The key to not being overwhelmed is to schedule your time. For projects/sites that aren't generating much or any revenue, I only give them a small time window a few days a week to work on things. For ones earning and improving weekly, I put more time into those often giving them an entire day or two a week.
-
Is niching down actually necessary or overrated
I think this depends on what you are actually wanting to do and achieve. For certain things, being more specific with your location matters more than focusing in on one niche. Also you could always expand outward. Scaling back is a lot harder and requires a lot more work.
-
Should I use an AI-made logo?
I am working on a new site and need a logo for it. I usually make one myself or hire someone to make one for me but it seems like people are charging a lot more these days for logos. I am considering using AI and seeing what it could come up with but I don't know if this is a good or bad idea.
-
Growing my Instagram account
What are Reels? I can't say I ever dabbled with them. I know I seen them being promoted back when they were new to the platform but I don't understand the point of them. It seems like just posting pictures does the best with videos sprinkled in occasionally.
-
Can paid traffic help?
This is a fantastic idea. I am thinking of trying this now. I feel like boosting socials is better than attempting to improve traffic to your site this route. It doesn't seem to do anything if you pay for traffic directly to your site but making your socials seem bigger than they are would encourage people to your site for sure.
-
Is it worth getting multiple domains for redirects?
I have heard of people doing this and many of the big companies have. They will buy the misspelled URL as well as other domains. So for example, they will have WEBSITE.com, WEBSITE.net, etc. or variations of misspelled words. I know if you go to Twitter.com, for the longest time it redirected you to X. This makes sense to keep it.
-
What overlook niches turn out to be surprisingly profitable?
Oh yeah, I think I know the guy you are talking about. I have seen clips of him but I don't know his name. I think your brother should absolutely give this a try. If it ends up being a good revenue stream for him, that would be amazing.
-
What lessons have you learned when it comes to traffic and ranking on Google?
I think it isn't as easy as it sounds and even if you put in the time, it doesn't always work. This is probably why people give up on it. Either way, it is hard to compete for traffic these days, especially once you lose it.