August 20Aug 20 #2437 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 1 For people that are looking to gain traction on social media, what is trending and what is working right now?I want to build up some social accounts that focus on video games and have started already but everything flat-lined. So I am hoping to figure out how to get the growth to pick up again.
August 21Aug 21 #2440 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2440 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 Well trending games is a given. Anything new and popular. Let's plays always perform well if you can entertain. Reviews are always evergreen. A lot of people find success in "how to's" as well. Like "How to beat ___ boss in ____".
August 22Aug 22 #2455 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2455 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 A lot of YouTubers seem to be finding success in news content related to gaming. You can probably apply this to any social platform. You can also update them maybe change the username and give them a fresh coat of paint, see if that helps get more attention on your posts.
August 23Aug 23 #2457 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2457 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 21 Anything related to Sony seems to be trending. They are losing a lot of their fanbase and support over their push to go fully digital with games.GTA 6 is trending, because of some massive leaks taking place. In general, I would pick one platform (playstation, xbox, pc, nintendo) and focus on that for news related stuff to make it easy on yourself if you do go this route.
August 30Aug 30 #2517 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2517 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 19 A lot of people like a mix of news and humor when it comes to gaming. So if you can provide this kind of content be it in video form or even just reading format, like a gaming blog, it should do well once it starts growing.
August 31Aug 31 #2532 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2532 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 Everyone is losing it over that new GTA 6 game. I never played any of those games so I don't understand the hype. The video games I tend to play are FPS and fantasy style games. Hyper-realism never appealed to me.
September 1Sep 1 #2540 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2540 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 28 On 8/31/2026 at 10:50 AM, Ryyyan said:Everyone is losing it over that new GTA 6 game. I never played any of those games so I don't understand the hype. The video games I tend to play are FPS and fantasy style games. Hyper-realism never appealed to me.This is said to be the biggest video game release in decades, if not ever. I mean by sheer numbers it is the biggest game release. Look at the preorders. Making a YouTube channel just for this game would probably be a good idea.
September 7Sep 7 #2579 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2579 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 On 8/20/2026 at 9:33 AM, greg89 said:For people that are looking to gain traction on social media, what is trending and what is working right now?Specifically for social media? I follow a lot of gaming news accounts. Since I do play video games in my free time, it keeps me in the loop. It is better than getting news from places like IGN which are highly biased and often paid to praise games that honestly suck.
September 17Sep 17 #2677 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2677 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 It probably is a good idea, but I don't care for GTA games. Maybe Greg will? Another big release is that WoW Forever game releasing next month. I played WoW when it was still really popular 2005-2010. It fell off a bit since then and took a different direction. I don't like it anymore but this WoW Forever is meant to be like the classic WoW but better. I am sure people will be making tons of content about that.
September 21Sep 21 #2722 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/340-what-sort-of-content-is-trending-gaming-niche/#findComment-2722 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 22 On 9/17/2026 at 9:58 AM, Ryyyan said:Another big release is that WoW Forever game releasing next month. I played WoW when it was still really popular 2005-2010. It fell off a bit since then and took a different direction. I don't like it anymore but this WoW Forever is meant to be like the classic WoW but better. I am sure people will be making tons of content about that.I played back then and I am excited for this release. I intend on playing it for sure. I think making a channel or information website for new players might be worth it.
Create an account or sign in to comment