September 4Sep 4 #2561 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/ Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 22 A friend of mine suggested that I do this. Keep my business expenses and what I want to put into my business ideas away from my personal stuff. I have the option to have a separate account through my bank so I have put money into it and set limits without going over budget. I am just curious if anyone else does this?
September 5Sep 5 #2568 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2568 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 5 Yes. If I kept everything together, I would budget things properly. I don't have a separate account like you are mentioning, I just use my PayPal business account. I will move money to it each month and that is the money I am allowed to spend. Sometimes I end up with money sitting there for months, other times I blow through it.
September 7Sep 7 #2580 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2580 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 7 I budget things separately for tax purposes but it is all on one account. I just use Sure to do this. It is an opensource budgeting program. I have considered doing a separate business account but never got around to setting one up.
September 8Sep 8 #2591 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2591 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I have a few different accounts. I actually have 3 bank accounts in total. One I use as "play money" so money I don't need for anything specific and this is the money I use if I want to start a new project or for paying for server, domain, etc. fees.
September 9Sep 9 #2604 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2604 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 33 On 9/5/2026 at 10:31 AM, HNDean said:, I just use my PayPal business account.This is what I do. I have my bank linked to it but everything stays separate and I move money around when I have to. I love having it, also have a business card too (credit) tied to the account that builds up rewards.
September 12Sep 12 #2633 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2633 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 23 I don't but I probably should. I have messed up my finances a few times because I had forgotten to pay a bill or two. If I have it set for auto-withdrawal, I wouldn't have to worry about it but I would need a separate account for something like that just to be safe.
September 13Sep 13 #2644 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2644 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 16 I am actually working on this!I plan on going to the bank this week on one of my breaks and opening up a secondary account with my main one and I will use this for nothing but business expenses and spending.
September 15Sep 15 #2661 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2661 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 25 I do my best to by using an app to track and schedule all my spending. If you mean entirely separate, then no. I keep all my money on one bank account.I do want to look into having a second bank though. I have read that having one you put a bit of money into each month and just don't touch for emergency funds is a good idea. I do have my savings but this would be a bit different.
September 16Sep 16 #2665 Link to comment https://community.webinsiders.com/topic/349-do-you-keep-your-businessspending-funds-separated/#findComment-2665 Share on other sites Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Share on X More sharing options... 19 Only recently. I made a second account just for business stuff. This also ties in with personal projects. I feel it has been a lot easier to see where my money is going now.
Create an account or sign in to comment