Everything posted by AlexMorrison
-
Do you include a kill fee in your contracts
I do not use a kill fee. I use milestone payments. 25% at kickoff, 25% at midpoint, 50% at delivery. If they cancel after midpoint, I keep what I earned. No awkward kill fee conversation needed.
-
How do you handle a client who wants to 'pick your brain' for free
I offer a free 10-minute voice note instead of a call. I answer one specific question. It feels generous but it is bounded. Most people get what they need and either hire me or move on. No open-ended conversations.
-
How to get a post to go viral on X for marketing purposes?
Posted daily for ninety days. Engagement was mediocre. Then one post hit. Two million views. Four hundred leads. Twelve clients. Consistency meets luck.
-
Ways to get more interactions with your social media content?
My email list is 800 people. Smaller than most. But 30% open and 5% buy. Quality over quantity always.
-
Had a weird realization this week
Built my whole brand on transparency then had a month where everything sucked. Posted about it anyway. Highest engagement ever. People are tired of highlight reels.
-
Vibecoding a professional website: smart shortcut or risky approach?
Market size research: my niche has 2,400 potential clients in North America. I need 12 active clients. That's 0.5% market penetration. Comforting math.
-
What steps do you usually take to develop an engaged audience?
My highest-converting call to action? Reply to this email. Feels personal. Reduces friction. People reply who would never click a calendar link.
-
How do you balance ambition with contentment
I thought freedom meant working less. It actually means working on what I choose. Sometimes that's more hours, but better hours.
-
How do you handle scope creep without sounding difficult
Flat rate with three revision rounds included. Fourth round costs extra. Clients became decisive real fast. Magic.
-
What trends are dominating video creation spaces right now?
Built my business in public for three years. Transparency brought more clients than any ad. Vulnerability is my accidental marketing strategy.
-
How do you raise prices without losing every existing client
The quick 5-minute favor used to cost me two hours. Now everything has a rate. Boundaries equal profit.
-
What is your refund policy and has it ever backfired
I added a strategy session prerequisite to my packages. Filters out 40% of leads. Quality of conversations improved overnight.
-
Writing sales copy as an introvert. How do you do it without feeling gross
Scope creep used to bleed me dry. Now I have a change order form. Takes five minutes. Clients suddenly know exactly what they want.
-
How do you use AI for client deliverables without losing your voice
Laptop lifestyle is real but not pretty. Writing this from a Bali cafe with terrible WiFi and a deadline in 2 hours.
-
How do you handle clients who want everything for $500
First $10K month felt like I made it. Then I realized $10K is just the beginning. The real flex is $10K with 20 hours worked.
-
Am I the only one feeling like ChatGPT has become kind of irritating lately?
AI wrote a draft for me. I hated it. Then I realized I hated it because it was safe. I made it braver. AI + human edge.
-
If you build your own business from scratch, what type of model would you choose
I write for SaaS now. Used to write for everyone. The shift took 6 months of no income. Now I make 3x more in half the time.
-
Realized I was selling features, not outcomes
My writing rate doubled when I stopped calling myself a "freelance writer" and started calling myself a "conversion copywriter." Words matter.
-
Too many tools, not enough actual work
Spent $200/month on tools I didn't use. Audit your subscriptions. That money is better in your pocket.
-
Should you ever work for free to build your portfolio
Broke $10K months and thought I made it. Then I realized $10K is just the beginning. The real flex is $10K with 20 hours worked.
-
How is advertising different from marketing?
Posted daily for 90 days. Engagement was mediocre. Then one post hit. 2M views. 400 leads. 12 clients. Consistency meets luck.
-
What would you do differently in your first year of business
The laptop lifestyle is real but it's not pretty. I'm writing this from a Bali cafe with terrible WiFi and a deadline in 2 hours.