Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

xJamesQ

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    3
  • Replies

    48

Everything posted by xJamesQ

  1. I was going to say the same thing. It makes it easier to just have it pull from news sources around the world and compile everything for you then trying to dig through the thousands of news websites and hundreds of thousands of articles.
  2. AI and general Tech are both up there. I think if you are going to do a channel for anything, that should be one to consider. A lot of people do great just reviewing tech products and you can be as niche as you want. You can focus on just phones, or drones, or computer parts, heck you could even just do a channel about reviewing and testing wires!
  3. I had someone in my family ask about this. Asking if there is anything she could do online to supplement her husband's income. She is not someone that has a lot of experience in online spaces. She wouldn't know how to set up a website or start a YouTube channel. Nothing like that. So I am trying to see if there is actually still an option or two out there. I can't think of anything for newbies with little to no experience.
  4. I have seen less and less of this work and this was before COVID or AI. I started seeing it go away back in 2015. I think the market was already shifting and we were seeing changes happening. AI started long before it became a mainstream topic. People have been using AI widely since around 2012. It started becoming more common in 2016 and blew up in 2020.
  5. ^ this is why you never want to lock yourself in without a safety net. A lot of people don't think to do this and it ends up costing them time and money.
  6. Yeah, the economic forecasts are all saying similar although somethings are trending to level off or at least just stop rising. I would like to see prices go back down to what they were in 2018/2019 but I know there is no going back there.
  7. I don't think people realize how much of a hassle it can be when you rely on another business for uptime. I try to get people away from this any chance I get because it is not only a waste of money but the services are almost all terrible now.
  8. Yup! This is something that helps a lot of people stay motivated and on schedule with their work. It can be hard sometimes when you don't have someone or a team of people pushing you, you just have yourself.
  9. I was going to say the same thing. I mean Google Analytics works off Google. Most people use Google's search engine. It makes sense to want to ensure you are getting the bet stats from them. You can run a secondary plugin or program to compare things as well. You don't need to use just one.
  10. There are places you can go for free (think coffee shops) or paid locations that allow people to work in the same area from their own devices. Some will offer computers to work from similar to what Libraries do or have done in the past.
  11. I can tell you there is no clear answer for this. Different models focus on different things. Claude Opus 4.7 for example is best for coding and agentic workflows while Gemini 3.1 Pro is best for research and reasoning. I think overall everyone will say the most well-rounded choice is ChatGPT. I think Grok also has its uses too.
  12. I have heard of people doing similar to this but their cutoff point for no refunds was 50% completion. I think this model is a bit more fair in that you guarantee yourself 25% of the cost so if a client flakes out, you don't lose anything but on their end you have to reach 70% to say no refunds.
  13. Figure out what you want to earn an hour. This will be your baseline. You then add anything that costs you money into the equation. So if you use paid programs, more expensive internet, etc. you add this to the hourly fee. So you make sure everything is accounted for plus you get what you desire per hour. If you ever think you are charging too much or too little, check your home location on Google and search for what your service costs in your specific area.
  14. You can do a slow-roll increase. That is what a lot of companies do. So instead of increasing the cost right now, you announce price increases later. Another option would be to boost your value with words via your platform. Show why your service is costing more.
  15. Oh they absolutely do. Mr. Beast would not be where he is today without Google pushing his videos to the top. They wanted a "poster boy" for content that was considered wholesome and since he was donating money and doing charity early on, it was the right move for them. Now, he just seems like some insane game show host. lol
  16. You want to avoid any residential ISPs that don't include uptime guarantees, instead you look into using VPS providers with high uptime SLAs of 99.9%+ and configure automatic container restarts to handle unexpected crashes. This will act as a safety net for whatever you host.
  17. Yeah, it absolutely can. You have to keep in mind though that this isn't something you can just do once. You have to budget for it and have it be a steady influx or it could backfire and hurt your websites credibility. I tried it on a few of my sites early on. It helped one of them but I ended up doing damage to the other two. Just be cautious!
  18. I have had this happen a few times. I realized the reason this happened for me was down to expectations. I made the goal WAY bigger than it was, in that it was a massive deal in my head but didn't change much for me at the end of the day.
  19. It depends on the size of your sites as well as the traffic. Early on for a few of mine, I used Adsterra and Monetag. Both are great options for smaller or newer websites. They don't have threshold requirements to hit. Media.net is another one. That is powered by Bing rather than Google. I think it might be Bing and Yahoo although I don't know anyone that uses Yahoo anymore lol You have to show you have good traffic markers for that one though. I think the minimum might be 50k a month.
  20. You really want companies to come to you, don't go looking for them. In most cases, they will see your follower counts and send you messages. You likely have already had dozens try to contact you without knowing it. I had this happen with 2 of my socials. I had no idea because I seldom checked the e-mails associated with them.
  21. I don't think anyone actually knows. Sure, you have things to look for but I think in many cases, Google decides this. There is always a chance something goes viral on its own but for the most part, I think for something to blow up out of nowhere, Google is in the back giving it a nudge.
  22. I would say the biggest myth is that "anyone could do it". That has to be the biggest lie and hardest sell because it just isn't true. If anyone could do it, a lot more people would be working from home. It took me 3 years to get things going for myself. Most people would give up after 3 months. They either didn't want to find the time or were comfortable enough with their 9-5 to just let it go.
  23. Off the top of my head... The pros: You get full control over what is used including specials needs and hardware used. You gain data privacy which is a HUGE plus IMO. You aren't locked into any sort of contract. The cons: You are responsible for all of the maintenance. You run the risk of downtime due to internet or power outages. You will need to pay more upfront if you need to expand capacity. And I want to put extra emphasis on the cost to expand... Because prices for most PC parts are up by as much as 400%. Just look at RAM costs!
  24. I couldn't for the life of me get a domain that fit my one business so I had to improvise and I did exactly what @Ryyyan mentioned. I shorted it to 3 letters and added a word after it. It didn't seem to hinder it at all and it was one of my fastest growing websites in terms of traffic.
  25. This. I know this was a factor for me. AI made everything a lot worse following these changes. I think they were making these changes to anticipate for AI but also because of everything happening in the world at the time. They were trying to safeguard for misinformation. It just ended up hurting so many of us.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.