Everything posted by xJamesQ
-
Sales tactics that work?
Online, everyone talks about data-driven insights. This is how a lot of big box stores and online market spaces like Amazon are able to better vet people for advertisements to get them to click and buy. I think you need money to invest into this kind of work but you could just sign up with Google and have them run ads for your company.
-
What is Zapier typically used for?
A friend of mine uses the platform for Real Estate stuff with his business. I know it helps him save time cause he has it automate social posting for him. I think it also helps him manage spreadsheets too.
-
FlutterFlow "basic vs growth"?
I have never used them but I have seen a few videos on YouTube that mentioned the platform. I think it is a it overpriced for what you get. Especially with AI being free these days. I was going to say the same thing.
-
Has inflation impacted your business?
Inflation continues to impact most of my day to day life. Like I keep hearing the economy is stronger than ever but I am not seeing it. I do know what manufacturing coming back to the US will take time and that will help the economy but from where I am sitting, everything just keeps getting more expensive.
-
Preparing for the holiday season?
I am not sure what businesses work best for the holiday season but I see everyone and their mother offering holiday specials. Even stuff that has nothing to do with gift-giving. Things like home repair for example. I think it is a good idea to take part in the season because it is the one time of the year people are guaranteed to be looking to spend money.
-
What are "Long Tail" business models?
I was reading an article that mentioned them and maybe I am just out of the loop, but I never heard of them. Can someone explain what they are and how they work? I know i could just search for it but I would rather get a human response than a generated answer from AI lol
-
Is niching down actually necessary or overrated
Niching down is not really necessary for all businesses - I would say most of them. Especially when it comes to beginners or one-person business models. However, what I read into says that it is widely considered essential for scaling, commanding premium prices, and reducing competition in established markets.
-
Statusbrew vs Sprout Social
You are right. I remember following a guy that was selling what he learned as some sort of online class. I can't remember what he was charging, maybe $20? Not too bad for learning some stuff that could help you grow your socials.
-
Stocks as passive income?
It depends on what your approach is. People out there trade as a living. They invest where they get a steady stream of income each month and then they mess around with other stocks. I get what you are saying but when you know what you are doing, the risk isn't nearly as high.
-
Livestream shopping is taking off
I am going to look into this one. I went to the main page for it and it really does look a lot more professional than ones I have seen on TikTok and eBay. I will report back when I find out what the process is for it.
-
What sort of content is trending (gaming niche)?
This is said to be the biggest video game release in decades, if not ever. I mean by sheer numbers it is the biggest game release. Look at the preorders. Making a YouTube channel just for this game would probably be a good idea.
-
Livestream shopping is taking off
I am not sure what they do over on Tiktok as I don't use the platform but I have seen it on other sites. I think it is a great idea. I am just not sure what the process is of getting people to sell your products on a live stream.
-
Is being too pushy with ads hurting businesses?
Yup. There are still plenty of people that see ads and buy stuff after seeing them. If they didn't work, they wouldn't have ever done them. This is no different than TV commercials.
-
Stocks as passive income?
You can say the same for stocks. I know some people that got wealthy from crypto. One really recently. Some coin went live and up nearly 4000% in just a day. He managed to make over 2 million on it. His previous high was something like $700k. But this is like a full time thing for him and I am in no way saying this is easy for everyone. Just saying if you know what you are doing, you can make money doing it.
-
Statusbrew vs Sprout Social
I never understood using tools like these. It seems like social media either works with the content you use or it doesn't. I guess this is more for people that don't want to deal with social media at all?
-
Growing an X account quickly for revenue stream?
There seems to be a grace period where you need to be active and show you are not spamming or causing issues. The only way to bypass this is to pay. Once you get out of this, the views on your account will go up.
-
Can you use AI to compete with AI?
AI can be used in a multitude of ways. So yeah, you can use it to compete with AI but it really comes down to what you are creating and wanting to produce with it. AI is still in a position where people can create better things and it still gets a lot wrong but it is quickly catching up, and that is what worries me.
-
What trends are dominating video creation spaces right now?
Fair enough. You can do cheap stuff though. Like knock-off brands and what not. But if you have absolutely nothing to spare, then this isn't a good option you are correct.
-
Which AI model is best for multitasking?
It depends. I mean I know they have a $20 plan or at least did last I looked into it. They also have a free variation but to access all the special features, I would imagine that is locked behind their $200 a month plan.
-
How do you raise prices without losing every existing client
I must not fully understand it then. It doesn't help that the media always gives mixed signals because of the politics of it all. I would like to see a second boom for people with internet businesses/websites like we had in the mid 2000s.
-
Does WordPress still rank well on Google?
Likely just indirect consequences of changing things in the back end of the search engine. It sucks because most people still rely on them for traffic. Some do grow to a point where they have a loyal audience but most people don't.
-
Options outside of Google AdSense?
Yeah but only partially. Alphabet, the parent company of Google. only just became a larger company than Microsoft in the last year or two. Bing in general has just been underused for awhile, much like Internet Explorer.
-
Which AI model is best for multitasking?
Claude allows you to customize your experience when you pay for it. You can name your own AI agent and have it be tailored to you and it tracks everything for you so you don't need to remember to keep asking. It is quite neat!
-
Pricing yourself is harder than doing the actual work
It is a balancing act. They always say to never sell yourself short but you can't over-hype yourself either or your product or service will end up being a let down.
-
Options outside of Google AdSense?
The issue with Bing is that they don't pay as well. You can still get decent money running through their platform though. Google just dominates still, unfortunately.