Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SamC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    22
  • Replies

    90

Everything posted by SamC

  1. I stayed general for five years. Made good money. Niched last year and made more with less effort. The difference was messaging clarity, not skill improvement.
  2. I tell myself the product is not about me. It is about the person who needs it. Thatshift removes the ego. It is not do I deserve success. It is does this help someone. If yes, launch.
  3. I thought I needed a massive audience. Spent two years chasing followers. Reality: I made my first $10K with 400 email subscribers. Audience size is irrelevant if intent is missing.
  4. I tested the new rate on new clients only. Kept old clients at old rates for three months. Gave me confidence that the market would pay before I rolled it out across the board.
  5. I ran a simple giveaway. A $50 Amazon card for one piece of feedback on my lead magnet. 200 entries. 150 joined my list. 40% opened my first email. Not glamorous but it worked.
  6. I tried Jasper and hated it. Switched to a custom GPT trained on my content. Still edits heavily but the structure is better. The tool matters less than the training data.
  7. I niched down when I started saying no to 80% of inbound leads. Terrifying at first. But the 20% I said yes to paid more and referred more. Scarcity creates demand.
  8. Great thread. I think the key is knowing your floor before the conversation starts. If $500 is below your minimum, the answer is automatic. The stress comes from deciding in the moment instead of deciding beforehand.
  9. I just added up my subscriptions and I am at $340 per month. Email, landing pages, design, scheduling, hosting, course platform. Feels excessive for a solo business. What are you actually paying for your core stack?
  10. I have been creating content for six months and the engagement is minimal. I know consistency matters but some days I wonder if I am shouting into the void. How do you keep going when the metrics do not show progress yet?
  11. I am reviewing my monthly expenses and realizing I am subscribed to way too many tools. What do you actually pay for every month that is genuinely essential to your business? Looking to trim the fat.
  12. I paste three of my best emails into the prompt first and ask it to match the tone. Without examples it defaults to business speak. With examples it gets surprisingly close
  13. I use WordPress because I already know it. The learning curve of a new platform would have delayed my launch by months. Use what you know unless it is actively breaking.
  14. I tried full automation and it felt cold. Now I use AI for the form and scheduling but I record a personal welcome video for every client. Hybrid approach works best.
  15. I am rebuilding my site and debating whether to go custom or use a solid template. Custom feels premium but templates are faster. For a service business, does it actually matter in 2026?
  16. I had the same issue. What fixed it was giving the AI three examples of my best emails first. Context changed everything. Without examples it writes generic marketing speak.
  17. I tried an AI content generator and spent more time editing than writing. Dropped it. Now I only us AI for research and outlines. The writing still happens the old way
  18. I added productized services. Same skills, packaged differently. A one-hour consultation became a strategy audit with a deliverable. The work was identical. The perceived value doubled. Packaging beats pricing.
  19. I wait three days then send a case study to the entire list. Buyers feel validated. Non-buyers see what they missed. It is the highest revenue email I send outside of the launch itself.
  20. I am struggling with content strategy. If I give away my best stuff for free, why would anyone buy? But if I hold back, the free content feels thin. Where do you draw the line?
  21. I spent my first five hundred on outreach. Direct messages to people who already engaged with my content. Not ads. Personal invites. Conversion rate was insane because the relationship was warm.
  22. I reframe it as helping, not selling. If I believe my product genuinely solves the problem, the copy is just me explaining why. The shift is internal, not tactical.
  23. I was scared of this too. I started with once a week and gradually increased. My audienc actually told me they wanted more. You might be underestimating their appetite.
  24. I split tested both. The long page won by a small margin but the video page had higher quality leads who stayed longer. I now use both in sequence.
  25. I am in a subject line rut. Everything I write feels like a newsletter header. Share the last subject line that actually got you above average opens. I need some inspiration.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.