Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

simonsays

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    6
  • Replies

    52

Everything posted by simonsays

  1. I was actually playing around with Grok and I was able to get some minor information but it said I would need premium to get more details. It basically told me that viral content goes based on recommendations according to what other people like and want to see and that verified accounted get put into this automatically while unverified are selected at random based on views. If a post is getting more views, it will get recommended. I don't know how true this is as Grok said this but also sort of the opposite with a different question so I will have to mess around with it more.
  2. What category or niche does it fall under? I think it depends on that mostly. Like for social accounts like the one you mentioned, it makes sense. I think this also made more sense back in the day or only when a big company changes names. I am not entirely sure it matters so much for smaller businesses or websites.
  3. This could be why I don't get as many reactions on X. Also, I am going to look into this. Someone else mentioned it in another thread. Thanks!
  4. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing this but you have to make sure the logo it gives you isn't too close to someone else's. I remember hearing a story about a guy that used AI to make a name and logo for his business and the AI ripped off an already established company, so he got sued for it. It could be just one of those fake internet stories but you never know!
  5. I will tell you I managed to grow mine entirely by mistake. I wasn't trying to lol What I mean by this, is I am not sure what I did to make it work. I was just active on it often enough and it got larger as time went on. It also helped that some of my friends were boosting the activity. We were making jokes and having conversations in the comments so the posts looked more popular than they probably were.
  6. A lot of people have complained about their shared revenue going down. Some do great still but it seems like most people, even with larger accounts, don't get much. Someone I follow that has like 250k followers and averages 100+ replies and 5k+ likes is only getting $400 a month from it. Maybe it only uses views for metrics.
  7. I didn't know it could do that. I am going to have to give it a try! I think it will probably tell me I need premium though for a feature like this. In terms of what? Followers? It has 37k followers. My X account on the other hand has over 50k. Sadly that one doesn't get as many interactions or likes which makes me think a lot of bots follow me on that platform.
  8. I think it is because the AI needs new data still. If it prioritizing old data, it will just keep recycling the same stuff. Think of the built in AI for search engines that pull from sites and give summaries. Those are what need new stuff.
  9. I think Dave is right that it isn't all down to AI but I would imagine having too many bot accounts scrapping things could make a site look worse? Maybe? I am not entirely sure what makes Google or any other search engine view a website as bad after ranking it well.
  10. I have not but I am interested! I just looked it up and it sounds very useful. I am just not sure how to actually set this up. Is it hard to do? Are they any vids on YouTube that walk you through the process?
  11. I will tell you for me, personally... I only ever click links in e-mails if I intend on buying something. If there is a sale for example, I will click links to check them out. I rarely open an e-mail without any intention to redirect me to an action. So maybe focus on that?
  12. I am having trouble finding a clear outline for this. I want to boost traffic and have my sites and pages rank better, but the more I research this, the more confused I get. Some people offer the same advice and others tell you to avoid half of what others are saying. I am not sure what to do or how to approach this.
  13. I personally don't like Facebook. I have tried to boost traffic through it and even tried to earn on the platform itself but it seems like you need to have the right niche and the right amount of growth or nothing comes of it. I did run some ads before (you need an account for this) and it did boost a few of my sites but it didn't get me any lasting numbers.
  14. I am not sure about Snapchat. I didn't even know people still used that. I would look into TikTok over that if you want to earn on social media. That being said, from what I gather the best places to earn in terms of social media are YouTube, X, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitch. All are different in their own way and how you earn. X is the most straight forward. You pay to play though. You need to be verified to collect some shared revenue. Some do better than others.
  15. You can grow without income but it depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it. A lot of people tend to lose interest when they aren't gaining anything from it. So make sure even though you aren't getting ad revenue, you are gaining something else out of the work you are putting in!
  16. Oh okay, right. So is there a way for me to check to see if any of my accounts would actually be appealing to companies? Also, I believe I had all DMs turned off or blocked so people couldn't DM me unless I followed them. I should probably open those up!
  17. Well, I am not entirely sure what niche they would fall under. I guess if I had to pick just one for each, finances and humor. Not the same accounts mind you, they are separate. I have 4 or 5 accounts total.
  18. I believe even Google prioritizes non-AI content in their search results. I am going to do an experiment soon to test for this with two of my websites that aren't being used anymore. I want to put one without any AI content and then seed maybe 50% AI content onto the other and see what happens. I will make a thread for it when I do.
  19. I think so too. I mean if there are this many threats, people should be more aware of it. I wasn't even away of the percentage of these bots being an issue. I am going to have to look into it more myself. Thanks for sharing this!
  20. AI videos and AI pictures for sure are. I think there is a time and place for it but everyone is spamming it on social media, YouTube, etc. and it has just become too much. I don't even bother looking for new content anymore before of it. They need filters to block this low-quality, sloppy content.
  21. I used this for a number of years and it was so helpful. I am usually good with grammar but I often overlook things with proofreading. This would catch it every single time. I think there were privacy concerns or something though. I can't remember. There was a reason I stopped using them.
  22. You have to push AI in the direction you want it to go. You can have it work for you and sound like you. It just takes effort. A friend of mine was able to transform his AI model into one that thinks and writes exactly like him so he is able to pump out blog articles, news letters, and even scripts for videos daily. His own productivity skyrocketed because of this.
  23. I mean this is entirely possible. I think there was an increase in people using the internet around 2010 because of social media and younger people trying to become streamers and Youtubers. I think a second boost came in 2020 from the pandemic. I think it has since dropped off a bit. Yeah, sure more people are shopping online now but look at the gaming industry post covid. They are having to fired thousands of people because they hired when gaming sales increased from people being stuck at home.
  24. So don't reach out but make myself more available on my accounts? I guess that could work. I would imagine most people get approached anyways. It isn't like a blog or anything of the sort, social media is a lot different. Thanks guys!
  25. As far as I know, it has been like this for at least 10 years. I don't remember the earlier days of the partner program. I know they kind of sprung it on people around 2009 I want to say. Since I have been paying attention it has been what I listed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.