Everything posted by HNDean
-
Mapping out a 5-year plan
I have tried to do them but never end up sticking to them so I do smaller planning. I will do 3 or 6 month planning. I will set smaller goals and be able to see better progress when I don't look to far into the future. Keeps me stress levels lower too.
-
Which company is best to get business cards printed through?
Same for me. We have a local place called Office Depot. I think it might be a chain, not sure. But they do printing and other things. I have gotten them made here. Nothing fancy. If you want better, higher quality print jobs you would have to find a specialty store.
-
As AI advances, what jobs will be lost?
It will bring more jobs but not the kind of jobs it replaces. Think about your average person. They won't know how to fix, code, or repair AI systems let alone manage one. Those are the jobs it will create. That along with basic data center work.
-
Has inflation impacted your business?
Everything has gone up. Servers, services, products, etc. so there really isn't a way to avoid it. Once it goes up, it doesn't come back down either. You have to wait for wages and earnings to meet the new "normal".
-
Sales tactics that work?
This is a good strat but it doesn't work for every product or service. If it can, it is for sure worth exploring. Another one that comes to mind is always running sales. It gives the illusion of getting a deal.
-
Preparing for the holiday season?
Now. It is officially the first day of fall so the summer season is over. A lot of companies will start soon as it is September but I think that is too pushy. I think getting things ready now and then rolling sales and holiday deals out the second week of October through the first week of January is ideal.
-
Should I cast a wider net?
I know, I was giving one of the bigger examples. There are other games though that you can focus in on a niche part of the game though. It isn't like they don't exist.
-
Do you keep your business/spending funds separated?
Yes. If I kept everything together, I would budget things properly. I don't have a separate account like you are mentioning, I just use my PayPal business account. I will move money to it each month and that is the money I am allowed to spend. Sometimes I end up with money sitting there for months, other times I blow through it.
-
Selling plans for DIY projects?
This is something I would have never thought of and yet I have gotten projects like this online. I never paid for them, there are plenty of free ones but I can see this being very useful for people!
-
Should I cast a wider net?
It seems like certain games outperform others. Ones that have a consistent player base will always be an avenue for videos that get views, especially if you are more niche about. So say you do a Minecraft channel... You can focus purely on builds. Or you can focus on plugins. Or you can even do in-server gameplay.
-
Statusbrew vs Sprout Social
It is a business side of things. It helps you manage growth, reach, etc. which most people just don't know how to do. Some people figure it out. I can tell you the ones that do figure it out tend to sell what they know.
-
Growing an X account quickly for revenue stream?
There is no sure fire way to have quick growth. Like no actual formula. It is a bit of luck and algorithm boosting. It doesn't help that if you pay, you get better access to both. I would say that if you want to grow your account two things need to be happening... you need to be posting daily and replying daily. Find a niche if you can, something people really enjoy, and focus in on that. This can be really anything but news and politics seems to perform best.
-
Growing my Instagram account
I am going to look into everything mentioned here and report back. Thanks for all the insight. I know Instagram can be super useful once you actually get a following and clicks going. Fingers crossed I find something that works!
-
Trying to find your niche?
I am curious for those who have found it or those that are still looking, what are some tips you can offer? I have been trying to make something work for myself, I mostly want just supplemental income to compliment my job. I wouldn't mind it becoming a full time thing eventually but that is not the goal yet. I just want to make it so I am earning extra monthly so be able to afford more in life.
-
Why is Hootsuite so expensive?
Everything is expensive now. I mean the costs and prices of programs, services, etc. have gone up nearly 50% in the last 5 years and wages/earnings have yet to catch up. This is what inflation does and it is annoying. I will say though that they have been known for upping their prices even before the market shift after covid happened.
-
Statusbrew vs Sprout Social
I was looking into social media management tools and realized that they are almost the same. I compared a lot of features and what is included. The only difference really is that Statusbrew is HALF the cost. I am just wondering now if it is half as good or if this is really a good budget find here. Is anyone familiar with both or more familiar with Statusbrew?
-
Intros/Outros in videos in 2026?
I don't like intros or outros. I like the video to get straight to the point of the video from the start. Outside of a greeting, I think it is best to skip intros. I don't have as much of an issue with outros even though I don't like them I can just leave when the video is over. It is a pain to have to skip an intro though.
-
What does Google look for when it comes to ranking based on SEO?
I think mobile-friendliness is more important now than it ever was because most people browse on their phones now. I remember reading something like 75% of daily internet uses use the internet via a smart phone. This in the entire world. I think in the US it is split almost 50/50 between computers and phones.
-
How to approach re-branding a social account?
It is not tied to a business to anything like that. I have an account that has a decent following but it lost traction about a year ago and I hardly used it since. The followers are still there. I am considering re-branding it but I don't want the following to drop off. How would I approach something like this? Without ruining it/making people unfollow the account?
-
Should I focus on one website at a time?
Thanks for the input, everyone. So I decided to actually set up a schedule like suggested. I am going to start it on Monday. See if I can manage to stick to it and see if it helps me out.
-
Ways to earn through popular social accounts?
Yeah I meant followers. That is a good size account, both are. I have heard of people on X saying they have larger followings but don't seem to get the interactions to reflect that.
-
Is it true that the subscriber count doesn't matter?
Not anymore. I noticed when I do searches, videos with very low view counts and subs get shown to me now instead of everything with high numbers at the top. This is good news for smaller creators.
-
Is Rumble worth it?
I had a Rumble channel that was growing a fair bit a few years back. It seems soon as they started paying bigger names to put videos and streams on their platform, my channel died. Like it when from averaging around 3,000 views per video to 20 if I am lucky. So I stopped using it. I was trying to avoid using YouTube but I think I am going to end up making a channel over there.
-
Ways to earn through popular social accounts?
How big is your IG account? I am looking to grow mine and am struggling here. I have been out of the loop for awhile. My Twitter/X is doing fine. I tried Bluesky but I don't really like the platform so stopped using it.
-
What causes the Error 526 on Cloudflare?
One of my sites keeps having this happen. Both are on the same server which is confusing me. I figured if it was happening on one, it would happen on the other but this is not the case. It doesn't happen all the time either. It seems to be at random and comes and goes. Anyone know what could be causing this?