Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

WebInsiders

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

justdave

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Topics

    10
  • Replies

    56

Everything posted by justdave

  1. You are better off using a "-" then allowing the same letter to touch. What you said about looking bad and typing errors is 100% correct. I would never use a domain like this.
  2. I find it easier to just use security plugins, standard ones, and update my sites. I know this is a back-up measure but I have never made use of them. I find they tend to slow down the site and performance speed too.
  3. I will allow myself to take a break. I will go find something I enjoy and do that instead. Just put time into a passive hobby that has nothing to do with my business. It helps a lot with stress and allows my brain to take a break.
  4. So for me, my 5 year plan is fairly basic. I would like to have 30% of my house paid off (minimum), pay off my car loan, and get more money into my retirement plan. So really mine is centered around budgeting my money.
  5. If you can get a decent amount of traffic to any site, ads will still make you money. If you can do this a handful of times, you could easily earn a living. I knew someone from a previous forum that ran 6 blogs. He was earning an average of $5,000 a month (closer to $8,000 during peak holiday season) and it was all from ads.
  6. I have heard similar. When you convince someone it was a thing they wanted, thought of, or planned for they are more likely to spend money. I have seen this in action a few times.
  7. This is how I am. I grew up expecting ad breaks during TV shows and programs. You can expect them to happen every 11 to 15 minutes or so. These days, it seems like we are forced to watch ads in under 10 minutes and they spam them everywhere. I can't stand it.
  8. Yes, it is annoying. It is even worse when they struggle to understand our accents as well. I miss the old days where you'd call a corporation and speak to someone that has clear English. I hate to sound like I am being hateful but I struggle with language and accent barriers. Especially due to my hearing disability.
  9. I have used Zazzle a number of times and they do great work. You can also check local office stores. I stopped buying online when I found out a local places does them by me and for much less. Bonus is that I can get as few as 20 of them or as many as 5,000.
  10. I like to do a 6 week run of deals from the second week of November until the last of December. This I find is a good window if you are wanting to cut back on offers but still hit the holiday sweet spot. Also, you have to remember about Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
  11. If you really want the easiest way, as AI to do it for you. I am not even kidding! I have seen AI manage websites and make them perform better with just a few commands.
  12. Job loss is up there but I do think some fears are justified. AI systems are built in a way that they would rather work together than do what any human says. So if one AI system is told to attack or gain information from another, both will communicate and work out something where they both benefit without telling either party (people).
  13. I was going to mention the update. There are a lot of people complaining about it because you have to actually submit your "best work" and hope you get approved. A lot of bigger accounts have gotten rejected already.
  14. I wouldn't bother with manual placement anymore. Just buy ads with Google and it will place them where it is best. So many people waste time and money trying to do this themselves. It is better to focus that time on your business.
  15. Yeah but I think every business big or small has been impacted. There is no real escape when the entire market is shifting. I have seen the costs of everything go up from services to food.
  16. A lot of clerical and admin work will be gone. So things like data entry, payroll, etc. For customer service, there will be a big decline there too. Call center agents, telemarketing, all of this can already be handled by AI systems. Coding and photo editing jobs will be wiped out.
  17. You have to decide between a balance of revenue and exported pay. Sometimes you need to hire help before you are even earning much or at all which would have to be factored in. It is all a balancing act of finances and planning.
  18. This is good too. Like finding something that has long term interest. I have a friend I met online that is building a community and YouTube channel specifically for GTA Online. So when the new one goes live, everything will be ready.
  19. Maybe this is a hot take but I think it can be worth it. It is something you should not consider unless you are already getting good traffic. A lot of people mistype websites and having the commonly mistyped URLs be redirected to your site can help.
  20. I wanted to share this for anyone making content that needs music and you don't want to worry about copyright. Treblo is the best option I have found and it is actually free. A lot of AI music sites will say they are free but strongly limit your ability to make music. This one doesn't and it is fairly easy to use. You just have to make sure you do the prompts correctly. There are videos on YouTube that show you how to get the kind of music sound or feel you want.
  21. So I basically want to find a way to make it so the AI I use is helping take on the load for me so I can work faster and produce faster, right? Is that what you guys are saying?
  22. For trending stuff, no but for evergreen it is fine. Make sure you specify which keywords you want so you are not getting anything outdated.
  23. I had an X account I had not been using for years. I decided to start using it again but it gets no views or interactions. It seems like it is being suppressed or something. Could this be a spam preventative since I had not been using the account in so long and will it take time to self-correct? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
  24. I am not looking for stock advice or anything like that. I am just curious who here does it or knows someone that does, and how well it performs. Everything I read online says investing is one of the easiest avenues to passive income assuming you have the money to invest and you know what you are doing. I considered cypto but that is more of a risk IMO.
  25. A lot of these companies only offer ad revenue for sites that have higher levels of traffic. Most would require you to hit a 5,000 click daily threshold to even qualify. That being said, Adsterra, and Media.net are both options for sites that don't get that much traffic and compete more directly with Google Adsense.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.