Everything posted by ChrisWP
-
Have you ever used Matomo for your websites?
There are plenty. I was messing around with this 3 or so years ago and learned how to set it up watching YouTube videos lol I ended up moving away from the platform because they changed a feature that I was making use of.
-
What causes the Error 526 on Cloudflare?
It just means you are triggering for an invalid certificate or it is expired. This can sometimes happen at random and self-correct itself but it is rare. If you recently transferred your DNS to Cloudflare, I have heard of that giving people trouble too.
-
Is it worth getting multiple domains for redirects?
You could end up spending a lot of money doing this. Some domains are quite expensive depending on the words used and these prices seem to go up year after year. I personally wouldn't do this because the way the internet works now, everything auto-corrects.
-
Should I use an AI-made logo?
Can AI do these well now? Last time I tried was maybe 3 or 4 years ago and they were all terrible. lol Maybe things have changed now. I will have to see what it can do. I would imagine paid ones are better than free.
-
How can you stay ahead of AI trends?
It seems AI is very much the future but how much of it will we be using? I am not sure. I know they used to say the internet would never catch on and here we are. They were wrong about that. People are saying the same thing now about AI but all the money is painting a different picture. Just like back when the internet was new, big names were putting all sorts of money into it. I am seeing the same thing with AI. So I am wondering how can someone like me stay ahead of the trends and know where things are going?
-
What AI platform are people using to put animated font/text in videos?
Filmora and Canva. I think @dannydobbs is right though about people using paid options. I don't see any that are free that don't either limit your use or put watermarks on the video. You might be better off finding an AI platform you like that can do this and more and just paying monthly for it.
-
When is it time to hire help?
I have had to hire people before but for temporary work. It was more or less getting some websites set up, custom code and that. Stuff I would not be able to to myself. I am not sure I would ever be in a position to hire people full time but I think the "right time" is different for everyone.
-
Should I run ads on my store?
It can go either way. Sometimes it can hurt the site, sometimes it won't make any difference. I think it really depends on what kind of ads you use. I wouldn't flood your site with a bunch of them. Maybe test having one per page first and see how it does. You can also do embedded link ads which are less annoying for people.
-
What online printing company is best for people looking to make merch?
There are so many now, I wouldn't know what to recommend. I guess comparing your earnings would help. See which one would allow you to make the most with the least amount of effort. But also make sure they pay. I have heard of some places getting sales on people's products and not telling the creator.
-
Evergreen Niches, which are the best?
For someone looking to expand into other niches, I think focusing on evergreen content is a good idea. So for those of you that don't know, evergreen just means that the content/information will always be relevant or useful. One big example is weight loss. People will always be gaining and losing weight. This is why this niche does so well. I know with those weight loss shots, it has opened up a new avenue for people that put information out there to talk about those since they are so popular now. Anyways, what sorts of niches would you say are the best in terms of evergreen content?
-
What trends are dominating video creation spaces right now?
They are promoted because of the watch time. If people stick with the videos for over 50% of the time, then YouTube pushes them. I am starting to see more stuff I normally wouldn't as well but this is because of the suggestions being on.
-
Ways to earn through popular social accounts?
Yeah, I agree about using AI. I didn't even think of that tbh but it would make sense that it could help analyze your accounts for you. People use to pay to have this done but AI can easily do it for free and with less time.
-
Which landing page builder do you actually recommend
I have only used a handful of these and of the ones I have used, Unbounce seems to have the best feedback and ratings. It is fairly expensive though. I was gifted a free 1 month trial otherwise I would have went with something else.
-
What trends are dominating video creation spaces right now?
Overall? It appears to be vlogging. I have seen new channels on YouTube blow up in only a few months and they focus on vlogging their day to day life, travels, etc. Outside of that, outdoor videos do well. Things that focus on nature, camping, etc. and an overlapping niche is educational. Videos that teach you something always do well.
-
Ways to get more interactions with your social media content?
I know this boosts them a lot. I tend to struggle with this. I have tried different things I have found online but some only work a little bit while other tips and tricks don't work at all. I am trying to figure out a way to have most of my posts get a good level of engagement because I know it helps to amplify my posts.
-
If traffic drops out of no where without recovery, could AI be to blame?
If you had poor bounce rates this could impact traffic by signaling to search engines that your content is not any good. I am not sure how AI would cause this unless the majority of your traffic was AI and it suddenly stopped.
-
Are there ways AI can help me on social media accounts?
You can bounce around content post ideas with AI platforms like ChatGPT, Jasper, and Copy.ai which can help you try to strike the algorithm better. Both Canva and Adobe Express can help you with video and picture generation if you need it. I think there are also AI platforms that post for you but you need to look into that more for yourself as I have never done that.
-
Creating a YouTube channel in 2026 - What should I know?
Yes, shorts do give you a boost and seem to do better overall. It is easier to go viral that way but shorts don't pay as well and not as many people on the platform watch them. I for example don't bother with them. I tend to just get bombarded with low-quality AI content.
-
Is X a good platform for businesses or should I stick with Facebook?
Just try to pick something and stick with it. You don't want to rebrand and then decide you don't like it a few months from now and have to change all your social accounts again.
-
Ways to earn through popular social accounts?
You can reach out but it depends on the company. Like I said, usually if you give an avenue for businesses to contact you, they will. This is assuming your social account has a big following and a lot of interactions.
-
Am I the only one feeling like ChatGPT has become kind of irritating lately?
Used AI to write a sales page. It was decent. I rewrote it. The AI draft saved me 2 hours of staring at a blank page.
-
Is X a good platform for businesses or should I stick with Facebook?
Why not both? You can get a good mix that way. I never tell people to limit their socials. Even if one works better than the other, having multiple accounts helps to build trust, traffic, and generate the concept of your website or business being authentic.
-
Does e-mail marketing still work?
I find that e-mail marketing works best when you have an established base to build off from or if you offer actual products through your site. Think of all the e-mails you get from stores on a daily basis. Those still generate traffic, clicks, and sales for thousands of businesses.
-
How to chose the right domain?
@simonsays is correct. A lot of people tend to overthink it. You can be creative and take your time on deciding but if you overthink it and consider too many aspects of it, you will never choose a domain. Keep it simply, short, and descriptive. As long as you have one keyword in there, you should be fine.
-
Nothing makes you question your life choices like a broken website at 11 PM
YES. I had this happen recently. I am a WP plugin junky and use a lot of them. Unfortunately, running and update caused 2 of the several dozen I use to break my entire site and I had to manually go through each one to find the problem. It took me nearly 5 hours.